Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

11 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

You really are ranting quite a lot these days! 🤣

I'm just sharing my experience as a user just as @AxelF did earlier in the thread, before he had his head bitten off for having the temerity to share his thoughts. Not everyone has the time or inclination to wade through a 70 page manual!

Step back a bit and consider this: if our discussion improves the experience for other users (and avoids Peter having to deal with numpties like me going forward) then that's gotta be a good thing, right?

1. Provocative 

2. You dont have time to read the manual... yet you seem to have time to re-write it. 

3. You said it.

8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I'm just sharing my experience as a user just as @AxelF did earlier in the thread, before he had his head bitten off for having the temerity to share his thoughts. Not everyone has the time or inclination to wade through a 70 page manual!

Sorry, did I miss something? Who bit whose head off and when exactly? Not to my knowledge.

And not everyone has the time or inclination to repeat information to those who don’t feel inclined to do a bit of reading, especially when that information is already clearly explained. (Though I seem to be doing it a lot.)😆

• Like 1

Lol! 

I'm giving up (you'll be glad to hear).

Page 4 of this thread for the Axel stuff.  

Feel free to update your earlier second post on this thread or not as you choose, if you feel it useful. Appreciate your assistance (and patience!) on getting the tuner sorted on mine Peter.

Edited by Al Krow

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Feel free to update your earlier second post on this thread or not as you choose, if you feel it useful.

Already done, hopefully it’ll help. 

Page 4 of this thread for the Axel stuff.

I don’t feel like I bit anyone’s head off. It certainly wasn’t intended that way. If you mean @GisserD‘s response, I read that as more of an eye roll. 

Appreciate your assistance (and patience!) on getting the tuner sorted on mine Peter.

You’re welcome. Presumably it solved the accuracy issue. 

• Thanks 1

The Narcissim of Small Differences... kinda

Parkinsons Law...kinda

A reactor SYNTH PEDAL is so vastly expensive and complicated that an average person cannot understand it, so one assumes that those who work on it understand it. On the other hand, everyone can visualize a cheap, simple bicycle shed MANUAL, so planning one can result in endless discussions because everyone involved wants to add a touch and show personal contribution.

• Haha 1

Very good!! Parkinson's law of triviality - I've learnt a second thing today (as well as how to reset the FI to A = 440Hz 😁)

Oh and Peter - yes it did sort out the accuracy, thanks, but it does jump about a lot still so in that sense my bike shed of a tuner on the Zoom B1X-4 is actually less annoying to use. But maybe that's because the FI is too sensitive?

I've just uploaded a little experiment for any Morningstar MC6 MKII owners. It's in the Online Program Database and is called "QM MC6 Chord Test 1". If you download my SysEx file for my MC6 and load it, then bank 2 will give you access to 6 chord types in on 6 buttons. The two expression inputs control modulation and synth volume. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to import and export a single MC6 bank so make sure you back up your controller before trying to load my SysEx file. File is here.

11 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Yeah I want those! Would I be able to download it via the pc? Any thoughts on a suitable "let's dance" by David Bowie patch too 😁

Yep, register on the patch share website (link in second post) and download via pc from there. Then follow the instructions in the manual/faq for adding a patch to the pedal. 

Don't know the Bowie song well enough to recommend a patch. 

I’m cooking up something tasty in the lab. I’ve done the number crunching so hopefully I’ll get to implement something this evening. It’ll only be of interest to those of you who can send out 4 CCs on a single button press. I’m doing it for the Morningstar MC6 MKII but the method will work with iOS devices and possibly the Boss ES-5/8 (perhaps @GisserD will be able to chime in).

If it works (which it should) it’ll open the door to configuring any 4-note chord shape you desire (5-note if you use your bass as one of the notes) at the touch of a button.

Edited by Quatschmacher

On 17/11/2019 at 18:40, Al Krow said:

it does jump about a lot

It’s really stable for me. The only time I encountered significant tuner display wobbling was when there was LFO applied to the pitch via aftertouch so that the base pitch was wavering. This was a bug with the aftertouch implementation that got fixed before the release though.

Do check that you’re not inadvertently sending any pitch vibrato (either via CC1 or otherwise). If it turns out that you are and if that is the cause then let me know as it’ll need addressing.

What pickup configuration are you using when tuning? Neck pickup may be more stable due to fewer overtones. Try that and see if there’s any change. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’m cooking up something tasty in the lab. I’ve done the number crunching so hopefully I’ll get to implement something this evening. It’ll only be of interest to those of you who can send out 4 CCs on a single button press. I’m doing it for the Morningstar MC6 MKII but the method will work with iOS devices and possibly the Boss ES-5/8 (perhaps @GisserD will be able to chime in).

If it works (which it should) it’ll open the door to configuring any 4-note chord shape you desire (5-note if you use your bass as one of the notes) at the touch of a button.

I'm in. Where do I start?

49 minutes ago, GisserD said:

I'm in. Where do I start?

I’ll send instructions once I’ve made sure it works. It’s quite a headflip to be honest. 

As a side-note, the MC6 MKII is amazing! I’ve just worked out how to use buttons to change in real time what messages the two expression ports control, which means I can switch between controlling synth volume, master volume, filter cutoff, modulation, portamento time or any MIDI CC I choose.

Edited by Quatschmacher

21 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’ll send instructions once I’ve made sure it works. It’s quite a headflip to be honest. 

As a side-note, the MC6 MKII is amazing! I’ve just worked out how to use buttons to change in real time what messages the two expression ports control, which means I can switch between controlling synth volume, master volume, filter cutoff, modulation, portamento time or any MIDI CC I choose.

I'd be interested to know if the mc6 can do anything the es8/5 cant?

I am but a simple bass player and I want to update my FI (v1, I think) to v3. I know precious little about MIDI and plugging in anything that isn't a jack lead. 

I have a Roland Quad Capture audio interface that has MIDI sockets on the back (see https://www.roland.com/uk/products/quad-capture/). Can I update my FI using this? If not please explain using short words what I need to do. Thanks!

25 minutes ago, toneknob said:

I am but a simple bass player and I want to update my FI (v1, I think) to v3. I know precious little about MIDI and plugging in anything that isn't a jack lead. 

I have a Roland Quad Capture audio interface that has MIDI sockets on the back (see https://www.roland.com/uk/products/quad-capture/). Can I update my FI using this? If not please explain using short words what I need to do. Thanks!

Read the FAQ section at the end of the manual or the section on updating (link in second post). You can update using the Chrome updater (again, link in the second post).

That interface may or may not work (I don’t think it’s one of the tested and confirmed ones).

1 hour ago, GisserD said:

I'd be interested to know if the mc6 can do anything the es8/5 cant?

Multiple messages per button (up to 16) assigned to a variety of different button actions (single press, double tap, long press, release, etc). It’s ridiculous the amount you can do with it. If I remember correctly from the manual, the ES-8 can only send two messages per button (though do correct me if I’m wrong).

Edited by Quatschmacher

• Quatschmacher changed the title to Future Impact v3 and now V4