Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

In all fairness, I'm having problems with other, dare I day it?, more important Apps since the Catalina OS update.

I spent about 3 hours on the phone yesterday with 3 administrators from Apple. At the end I had to allow one to do a Data Capture and he's handing it on to their boffins to figure the problem out. 2-3 days till they get back to me.

My Apple Mail program keeps crashing.

I turned auto update off on my MacBook Pro. I get daily reminders to update, not planning on doing so for a while yet. My 9 year old iMac can't use Catalina, so no problem there... Apart from it's beginning to slow down on certain programs. Logic runs fine though, and that's what counts.

I had no luck updating via the controller keyboard. This might be a silly question which I can find the answer out elsewhere but for the benefit of myself and possibly others on this thread I'll ask it ... 

Bearing in mind at this stage I only really want the USB to MIDI cable to update the FI is there a big difference (apart from £25) between the Roland one suggested earlier in the thread and something like this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digiflex-Adaptor-Musical-Keyboard-Laptop/dp/B00K4UXH5Q/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=USB+to+MIDI&qid=1573222092&sr=8-19 

1 hour ago, MrTea said:

I had no luck updating via the controller keyboard. This might be a silly question which I can find the answer out elsewhere but for the benefit of myself and possibly others on this thread I'll ask it ... 

Bearing in mind at this stage I only really want the USB to MIDI cable to update the FI is there a big difference (apart from £25) between the Roland one suggested earlier in the thread and something like this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digiflex-Adaptor-Musical-Keyboard-Laptop/dp/B00K4UXH5Q/ref=sr_1_19?keywords=USB+to+MIDI&qid=1573222092&sr=8-19 

You could try it but there’s no guarantee it’ll work properly. There is a user who has had luck with a cheap interface like that,  @Kiwi, I believe.

The Roland is usable with iOS devices and other tablets (not sure about the others) which is useful for remote controlling the FI. You’ll use the cable for more than just the update as it’s how you put new sounds on your pedal.

Hi all spent a few hours with the FI now. 

has anyone else had any issues with getting sounds to trigger ? I’ve noticed hat playing lines that often it’s fine but when I play another string it doesn’t play the first note. Playing same dynamics on all strings. Any ideas on how to address this  ?

59 minutes ago, Bass-Face said:

Hi all spent a few hours with the FI now. 

has anyone else had any issues with getting sounds to trigger ? I’ve noticed hat playing lines that often it’s fine but when I play another string it doesn’t play the first note. Playing same dynamics on all strings. Any ideas on how to address this  ?

Make sure your muting technique is sound; the first string needs to be muted at the point you strike a note on another string. Try adjusting the note on and note off levels too.

14 minutes ago, reesource said:

Hey @Quatschmacher this sounds great! I had a FI v1 and sold it because I found it too hard to get the timing spot-on. It just always felt like there was too much latency. I’ve seen it mentioned that the tracking is improved in v3 - would you say there’s been a noticeable improvement?

Thanks.

Yes, the tracking is markedly improved in the v3 firmware compared to v1.

I need some help upgrading - I'm convinced I'm missing something obvious! 

I've purchased a Roland UM-One and connected it to Windows 10. It did it's thing ad seems to have installed the drivers. But when using the online firmware updater no MIDI in or OUT are shown to select the channels. I tried downloading the patch editor and this seems to recognise the UM-ONE. I've updated the MIDI preferences to use the UM-ONE for all options.

Clicking on the virtual keyboard sends a MIDI signal to the UM-ONE as the in and out lights light up but nothing gets to the F.I. Trying to run the firmware updater through the patch editor just says 'communication error'.

Any ideas?

Spoke too soon ... 

The firmware upgrade appears to have worked. When powering on the FI I now see the 3.00 firmware flash up followed by BASS signifying it's in Bass mode. However, must of the patches appear to now be mostyl dry bass with the occasional one with glitchy synth behind it. Any ideas on what might be happening? 

26 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Spoke too soon ... 

The firmware upgrade appears to have worked. When powering on the FI I now see the 3.00 firmware flash up followed by BASS signifying it's in Bass mode. However, must of the patches appear to now be mostyl dry bass with the occasional one with glitchy synth behind it. Any ideas on what might be happening? 

Did you load the v3 patches on? 

This is an essential step

• Quatschmacher changed the title to Future Impact v3 and now V4