Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

I've gone through the video a couple of times now. I have to say I'm bloody impressed. I had a Deep Impact for a couple of years so know what that was capable of.
I'm stunned at how many useable sounds there are, straight out the box. Granted there are some sounds I'd not go near, but there's fewer than 10 of those!

I have absolutely no use for a FI pedal, yet I'm really tempted to get one. 

Hats off to all those involved in the development. Top work!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bartelby said:

I've gone through the video a couple of times now. I have to say I'm bloody impressed. I had a Deep Impact for a couple of years so know what that was capable of.
I'm stunned at how many useable sounds there are, straight out the box. Granted there are some sounds I'd not go near, but there's fewer than 10 of those!

I have absolutely no use for a FI pedal, yet I'm really tempted to get one. 

Hats off to all those involved in the development. Top work!

This is light years beyond what the Deep Impact can do. Any sounds you didn’t like, you could simply edit or replace. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

11 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

This is light years beyond what the Deep Impact can do. Any sounds you didn’t like, you could simply edit or replace. 

Oh I know.

the bits you can see of the editor in the video looks bloody amazing. 
I’m trying to not look any further into it as I have some expensive modular synth purchases on the horizon, I don’t need more temptation...

yet

😁

On 23/10/2019 at 11:21, bartelby said:

Oh I know.

the bits you can see of the editor in the video looks bloody amazing. 
I’m trying to not look any further into it as I have some expensive modular synth purchases on the horizon, I don’t need more temptation...

yet

😁

1062416001_Fulleditorwithmenu.thumb.png.d51e442cec857b82abbc63b5448b26d2.png

1854000612_flexisources.thumb.png.2b55fae828d2c506daee86575725cc27.png

748064311_rangecontrol.thumb.png.210c5272155367c24165b9fb06c18704.png

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MacDaddy said:

So is anyone gonna come up with a usable 80's type keyboard bass sound?🤑

An example of what you mean (with an audio/video clip) would be helpful. Bear in mind that FM synthesis was prevalent in the 1980s and the FI does not have FM capabilities. If it was done on an analogue synth, however, chances are the FI v3 can do it.

Also, there are already many patches in the Online Program Database which users have already programmed; what you seek may already exist there.

Edited by Quatschmacher

On 22/10/2019 at 09:14, Quatschmacher said:

The following section headers are all hyperlinks:

New User Guide

The information contained herein supersedes and/or incorporates the information from the old User Resource page, which is now locked.

Product Page

Support Page (firmware, editor, etc.)

Online v3 Firmware Updater

If you do not want to or do not need to back up your old v2 files, then you can simply update your firmware and load the new factory soundset using this handy tool (Google Chrome only).

IMPORTANT: If you don’t already have your v2 programs backed up but want to, then, rather than using the online updater, you must instead update to v3 using these instructions.

New Online Program Database

The Database is fully functional but still in beta - I will be writing instructions for this over the coming weeks as we refine it. These instructions may get incorporated into the main User Guide or may remain as a stand-alone document.

I've uploaded all the old Talkbass shared patches to the database in the new v3 format (removing the most obvious duplication).

Just listening to allthese whylst workig.......

Its so obvious when its one of your patches @Quatschmacher as they are on another level to the rest. 

im particularly enjoying patch 18 of corse :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GisserD said:

Just listening to allthese whylst workig.......

Its so obvious when its one of your patches @Quatschmacher as they are on another level to the rest. 

im particularly enjoying patch 18 of corse :)

Thanks, D. I think the drums give it away in some cases, though.

I need to check who did the delayed intervals patch, I love that one. And check the EWI patches at the end, they are great.

I was thinking about running a “competition” for fun, first person to PM me and correctly say which 21 patches are mine, I’ll send five new patches of their choosing from the ones I’ve made so far. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

I was thinking about running a “competition” for fun, first person to PM me and say which 21 patches are mine, I’ll send five new patches of their choosing from the ones I’ve made so far. 

ill play!

i submitted my selection privateley :)

For anyone needing one, the Roland UM-One MKII MIDI USB interface is on sale at my local shop for £19.99 which is about £10 cheaper than normal:

https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/roland-um-one-mk2-usb-midi-interface/

Essential gear for using the FI editor and loading patches onto it.

What distinguishes this cable from others is its ability to also work with iOS devices (and Android, I think) which means you can use an iPad to control the MIDI functions (including the new Flexi controllers).

Edited by Quatschmacher

If anyone uses TouchOSC, I've just knocked up a starter controller surface for iPhone. (I say "knocked up" when it in fact took a couple of hours to do!) It covers most of the implemented MIDI plus 3 random CCs to assign to flexis. It also has two pages with direct access to all presets. I'll have a go at adding some X-Y pads and such later.
attachFull3575520

File is here.

On 23/10/2019 at 14:37, Quatschmacher said:

An example of what you mean (with an audio/video clip) would be helpful. Bear in mind that FM synthesis was prevalent in the 1980s and the FI does not have FM capabilities. If it was done on an analogue synth, however, chances are the FI v3 can do it.

Also, there are already many patches in the Online Program Database which users have already programmed; what you seek may already exist there.

The bass that kicks in 20secs:

And

• Like 1

I made some corrections to the User Guide, please download the latest version (link is the same). The corrected version has October 24 on the title page. 

The list of factory default sounds is also now on the support page.

Edited by Quatschmacher