Why become a member? ×

Quatschmacher

Copied from @Andras Szalay‘s TB announcement:

Dear friends,

No more “it is almost there!”, rather “it is here, really!!!”.

We have put an enormous work behind us. It was mentioned here on the forum that “Andras is a one man engineering team”. While this was the case in the beginning, the Future Impact v3 as released today is a product well beyond what any single individual could have accomplished. Over the last few months an extremely talented international team helped me, and the FI v3 is the result of our joint effort.

Let us all recognize and applaud the members of the team:

- Peter Kenney (UK): Product design, writing the User Guide , editor testing, sound design.

- Gabor Lippenyi (Hungary): Product design, sound design, studio recordings, creating the video demo.

- Zsolt Rammer (Hungary): PC and MAC Editor coding, graphics, sound design.

- Gabor Gerenyi (Hungary): Product design, sound design, marketing.

- Simon Iten (Switzerland): Product design from the very beginning, sound design.

- Gergely Barcza (Israel): Design concept for EWI mode, EWI mode sound design, and demo recording.

- Geza Barcsik (Hungary): main graphics designer.

You can find all product details at http://pandamidi.com. Let me cite here just a few of the most important features:

- modular type synthesis with flexi controllers

- true multi effects processing

- bass, guitar and wind instrument modes

- ADSR envelopes

- VCO3 and 4 acts as an extra LFO

- redesigned look

- new lower price

- lifetime warranty

- and as a last days result, integrated sound program database in the editor!

It is important to note, that the electronics of the FI v3 is identical with the FI I., so your current devices can be software-upgraded to be functionally identical with FI v3. Watch the video demo showing all the 99 amazing new sounds, cca. 10 seconds from each. Also you will find on our web page the FI 3.00 software upgrade with the bank of the new sounds and all documentation, naturally ALL FREE OF CHARGE!

I signed the bottom plate of the first 20 FI v3. Hurry if you want to get one of them!

Finally, I would like to thank everyone on this forum for your help, comments, critiques and suggestions during the development. These all contributed to giving you a better product. Enjoy!

Andras Szalay

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Original v3 Update October 2019

v3.50 update March 2021

1062416001_Fulleditorwithmenu.thumb.png.d51e442cec857b82abbc63b5448b26d2.png

v3.50 Editor interface

IMG_9036.jpeg.182c7c70f3715dc26ab43d09a01116e9.jpeg

v3.60 patch Manager interface June 2021

The following section headers are all hyperlinks:

v3.60 User Guide

The information contained herein supersedes and/or incorporates the information from the old User Resource page, which is now locked.

Product Page

Support Page (firmware, editor, etc.)

Online v3.61 Firmware Updater

If you do not want to or do not need to back up your old v2 files, then you can simply update your firmware and load the new factory soundset using this handy tool (Google Chrome only).

IMPORTANT: If you don’t already have your v2 programs backed up but want to, then, rather than using the online updater, you must instead update to v3 using these instructions.

Note: After updating to v3, you will need to reset the tuner’s tune base value to 440 Hz, either manually or by performing a “reset all”. See page 13-14 of the manual for details of this.

New Online Program Database

I've uploaded all the old Talkbass shared patches to the database in the new v3 format (removing the most obvious duplication). I’ve also shared many of my own patches. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
Link to user guide updated to v3.60, v3.61 firmware updater link added. Manager screenshot added
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, HazBeen said:

I have learned my lesson mate, I cannot live without it :)

It's only his 4th.

Moi, a measly third replacement FI to celebrate all the enormous hard work (and the fact that there is finally a usable manual!) you've put into v3, Peter.

Which I'm going to be calling "Harry" 😁

Edited by Al Krow
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

He's only his 4th.

Moi, a measly third FI to celebrate all the enormous hard work (and the fact that there is finally a usable manual!) you've put into v3, Peter.

Which I'm going to be calling "Harry" 😁

A wise move. I look forward to holding you to your Patreon pledge too.😆

Are you buying a new one?

Edited by Quatschmacher

13 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

A wise move. I look forward to holding you to your Patreon pledge too.😆

Please post the link here and I'll sign up asap. And any others, so inclined can do the same.

A promise is a promise, right? :)

32 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Link should be visible in my signature or "about me" info. If not, it's here:

http://www.patreon.com/Quatschmacher

Done, thanks Peter.

@Dood - how come you've not set one of these up yet, mate? You'd be right at the top of my (and many other's lists) of BC folk to be saying thank you to / wanting to support for all the effort you put in to making bass a better world to inhabit.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Done, thanks Peter.

@Dood - how come you've not set one of these up yet, mate? You'd be right at the top of my (and many other's lists) of BC folk to be saying thank you to / wanting to support for all the effort you put in to making bass a better world to inhabit.

Thank you so much :) Thank you for the kind words, I needed that too!

Well, without side-tracking this thread, the last year has had me off the radar a bit - however, you make a good point and yes I should probably look in to this more closely!! Again, thank you!

11 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Technically all the ones of mine are Basschat, I suppose.😆

(Incidentally, any other Dutch speakers similarly tickled by “Basschat” when read as a Dutch word?)

I speak fluent Dutch (handy since I am half Dutch and live here :) ), have to admit that Quatschmacher is funnier to me (I also speak German) than Basschat ... but others may have differing views.

• Like 1

Right you Dutchmen, let's get this thread back on track! 😁

What a brilliant idea to audition each of the 99 presets on this YouTube clip. For those of us not inclined to spend our lives PC editing, there are going to be a dozen usable sounds for us to get our hands on straight out of the box! And having them all in one place on this YouTube clip is just a really useful reference manual in itself. 

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Right you Dutchmen, let's get this thread back on track! 😁

What a brilliant idea to audition each of the 99 presets on this YouTube clip. For those of us not inclined to spend our lives PC editing, there are going to be a dozen usable sounds for us to get our hands on straight out of the box! And having them all in one place on this YouTube clip is just a really useful reference manual in itself. 

Don’t forget that even if a sound doesn’t sound immediately appealing to you, you can tweak the 9 onboard parameters and in most cases turn it into something you like. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

Need to spend much more time with v3 but some preliminary observations:

- tracking appears improved

- pitch recognition appears slightly improved as well

- all presets are more coherent out of the box, i.e. without needing to tweak parameters they are at least “workable”

- Is it me just thinking it or does the Program button now switch bank too (cannot remember if old version did that too...)?

- significantly more user friendly software

- logical and useful manual! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, HazBeen said:

Need to spend much more time with v3 but some preliminary observations:

- tracking appears improved

- pitch recognition appears slightly improved as well

- all presets are more coherent out of the box, i.e. without needing to tweak parameters they are at least “workable”

- Is it me just thinking it or does the Program button now switch bank too (cannot remember if old version did that too...)?

- significantly more user friendly software

- logical and useful manual! 

Glad to hear it that the software and manual are more user-friendly, that was certainly the aim.

The program button is exactly the same. There were always two modes for it, we just swapped them round so that direct mode is the default setting, which is the mode which steps over the bank borders. The EDIT button steps through banks and always has.

• Like 1

• Quatschmacher changed the title to Future Impact v3 and now V4