MDG

Which one is better?  

1. 1. Which one is better?

• Hotone Nano Thunder Bass
    • Valeton TAR-20B
    • Both suck
    • Both great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/19 at 21:00

Hi everbody!

Has anyone heard of these two mini amp heads?  Are they any good?  I'm thinking of buying one but wanted to get some opinions first.  Bit of background - I play a fretted and a fretless 5 string, mainly in my tiny spare room so the smaller the better.  The portability of these things is a plus so I can take it room to room easily and plug in some headphones if I need to.

Cheers!

MDG  

• 2 weeks later...

I hear good things about the Hotone. I haven't tried one myself, but I recently got my hands on one of their B Station preamp + DI pedals, and I've been rather impressed by that. The headphone socket was a massive plus for me too! Haven't tried it in a rehearsal or live setting, but for home practise and recording it's been very useful.

I have the Hotone thunder bass , somewhere .... >.<  moving is a bi***  but i remember it actually sounding very reasonable  a little SVT ,  if a little hissy into my old trace elliot 15 inch cab  could have easily been bad connections or power ... for the hiss , for headphone practice  pretty perfect ...  but wouldnt you just be better off using a laptop , some IR responses and a cheap interface.

• 5 months later...