Why become a member? ×

My new sei beauty

mistahbenn

[quote name='Bigwan' post='40032' date='Aug 1 2007, 03:15 PM']Love the sound of that bass. Got yourself a pretty cool gig too MB - love the podcast![/quote]

Cool cheers! There is another track at [url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=189238953"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=189238953[/url] its the naughty girl mix AND NOW THE FRONTIN REMIX TOO!!!! jAMIROQUAI TO COME.....

Check it! Peace

Edited by mistahbenn

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='39356' date='Jul 31 2007, 08:43 AM']Martin Peterson is a legend. The worlds best luthier.[/quote]

Yep, couldn't agree more....nice chap too!!!

Great looking Sei 5 there - man after my own tastes!!!!

Keep it low :)

Greg

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='41505' date='Aug 5 2007, 10:29 AM']British Luthiers are getting the respect they deserve.

Stunning bass![/quote]

+1 Its great that they all get so much support from you guys especially. The bass sounds great - very deep and robust and it sits in the mix very nicely.

Love the 4 bar chord progression in Naughty Girl BTW, any chance you could let me know the chords are? I have problems working out inversions.

[quote name='Rayman' post='41535' date='Aug 5 2007, 11:46 AM']Sei, ACG, Overwater, Shuker, doesn't get much better than those does it?[/quote]

It does

Jim Fleeting :)

(Waits for the enivitable full on strop by Shuker FC and etc etc detritus...muck throwing....blah blah)

Edited by ARGH

Im not mad about the look of the bass. But the sound is f**king AWESOME ,very jealous :)
cool tracks, great gig. im gonna head in the 5 string direction
the sei basses are definately worth a look now, or should i say listen.
what a sound

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='41505' date='Aug 5 2007, 10:29 AM']:) I'm mostly happy that British Luthiers are getting the respect they deserve.

Stunning bass![/quote]

+1 for that, the work I have seen on the site from all the British luthiers is stunning, and this bass is no exception.

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='39356' date='Jul 31 2007, 08:43 AM']Martin Peterson is a legend. The worlds best luthier.

Peace, MB[/quote]

....and that's why we shop there :)

Awesome bass, the front facings are understated and very effective. I especially like the little Sei nameplate just about the bridge, a cool touch.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='mistahbenn' post='45607' date='Aug 15 2007, 09:11 AM']Hi there, another track just finished with this wicked bass, is here [url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=79861127"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=79861127[/url] the 7days tune.[/quote]

Lovely bass sound, congrats.
I used to wonder what all the fuss was about when I first found these fora and people would put up pics of these odd looking instruments, then I had the pleasure of playing a Sei when buying a piece of kit from an old bassworlder and I have to say you cannot tell from a photo just how gorgeous these basses are to look at. Obviously neither can you tell how they feel and play. Simply stunning.