Why become a member? ×

Selmer Treble 'n' bass stereo set up - advice needed

TomRandles97

I'm currently running one of my basses in stereo, alla ric-o-sound. The bridge pickup goes straight into my Orange Terror Bass, and the neck pickup goes through effects into a guitar amp. However, this has become a bit of a pain when it comes to playing live, and I've had the thought of purchasing a Selmer Treble 'n' Bass SV - the idea being I can use the bass channel for the bridge pickup and the guitar input for the neck pickup with effects. Essentially, I want to, if possible, bring my current set up into a one amp system. My initial reaction is that I cannot use two inputs simultaneously, though I don't actually know for sure why. Does anyone have any experience of doing this or know whether it actually would or wouldn't work?

You can definitely use the two channels on these together, so it ought to work just fine.  There are numerous old multiple channel valve PA heads that would also get you there.  I wouldn't describe it as stereo though, as the two channels are being mixed into a single power amp and speakers.

Edited by Beer of the Bass
  • Like 1

if you are looking for a tnb 50 sv I've got one I need to sell - the channels are voiced differently but you can use them at the same time. There's a way of jumpering them too, a friend does this with his earlier cloth face tnb 50. mine's an SV-R but the reverb doesn't work - otherwise works fine and sounds great! If you're anywhere near Devon welcome to have a try and see if it works for what you want to do

5 hours ago, Chris1127 said:

if you are looking for a tnb 50 sv I've got one I need to sell - the channels are voiced differently but you can use them at the same time. There's a way of jumpering them too, a friend does this with his earlier cloth face tnb 50. mine's an SV-R but the reverb doesn't work - otherwise works fine and sounds great! If you're anywhere near Devon welcome to have a try and see if it works for what you want to do

Thanks Chris. What's the advantage of jumpering them?

Thank you but I'm in Leeds so a bit far for me. I've found a Mk I locally so probably going to go for that 

I think its just a guitar thing when he jumpers it, fattens up the sound. there is a way of cascading the channels to act like extra gain stages too but thats another thing altogether. 
Think circuit wise the silver face and the series before are pretty much the same circuits, brilliant amps!