Why become a member? ×

Help with active wiring please

Jimothey

I’m trying to wire up my Washburn XB-600 6 string and I’ve connected up the battery and the jack but I can’t find a wiring diagram for the pickup wiring 

Sorry about the bad drawing but I hope you get the idea 

4A437808-F4D4-4AAE-815E-D58CDD09CE0F.thumb.jpeg.e113ac44a9a13fc0f19f32f77f0186ae.jpeg

Does 1 go to 1 and 2 go to 2 if so where does the grounds go? do they go on the side of the pot where I’ve written ground???

@KiOgon I’ve wired it up like that and no sound came out apart from humming, and the same thing that happened with my P the hum got louder when I touched the strings so I’ll have a look at the bridge ground to check that but as part of the course I checked the pickups and they hadn’t gone open the neck is 12k and the bridge is 15k which seemed a bit high to me as aren’t active pickups supposed to have a lower output than passive? I did think that if it’s a problem with the preamp and not the wiring could I rip out the preamp and just put 2v 2t passive wiring in or wouldn’t that work?? But I need to try and investigate a bit more on what the problem is, if you’ve got any advice at where to start I’d gladly accept any ideas............😀

Edited by Jimothey