Why become a member? ×

Marcus Miller Strings 1st time using them

Bean9seventy

After going to the LBGS 2019  , i managed to get my 1st set of pro macus miller strings ,, stainless steel ,, more expensive than alloy , MM pro strings stainless steel  less than half price

i have mainly used rotosound ,, so checking these strings out was exciting ,, rotosound give you a direct sound ,, what ever you hit , you get ,, i still say a great string ,, you get a 1 to 1 ratio ,, flat steel

so when i got the MM DRs  i was not used to the extra dynamic ,, almost like a phantom mic sound / 1st time using a condenser mic ?? ,  you get a much richer sound from the strings changing the harmony of the bass ,,

means i am taking longer learning bass jams because the strings lend your ear to extend the harmony in a different richer way ,, where with rotosound being a flat 1 to 1 ratio the harmony stops earlier ,,

MM DRs strings makes my bass sound more dangerous than it already is

,,,, but in other bench mark tests ,,, unless i wait until the strings get older ,, do not have that flatter street funk one note sound ,,

we need Marcus Miller Funk Monster strings ; D ,,

eg Marcus Miller Street Jam Strings ,, all the dynamics of MM DRs ,, with just a touch of that One Note rotosound flat steel know how ??

• Confused 1