Why become a member? ×

Veillette Archtop fretless - PRICE DROP! ON HOLD.
£2300
PE28 0LF

Pentode

Well it seems I'm entering the last phase of my gear cull, with this possibly being the toughest to let go.

A Veillette Archtop fretless in as new condition.

Simply a work of beauty by Joe Veillette and his small team in NYC.

Top is in quilt maple with the back in poplar. The 35" fingerboard and bridge are in ebony.

The undersaddle piezo pickup, blends smoothly with the Citron magnetic pickup. String spacing is 16mm.

This rushed me around £3300 a few years ago. Now, with a similar spec, you'd be looking at around £5500 plus freight and import taxes....

I'm looking for £2300 which includes insured overnight delivery with UPS.

Our very own Gareth has kindly allowed me to use his video which showcases the bass and tones better than I could ever hope to describe with the written word - thank you Gareth! 🙂

And now of course, the inevitable pics -

i-pFpQcjr-L.jpg

i-NJLxxT5-L.jpg

i-wqGvX9k-L.jpg

i-TrBXQQX-L.jpg

i-3srqQwc-L.jpg

i-B4wDXLR-L.jpg

i-bbmrttN-L.jpg

i-7Rmn6rC-L.jpg

i-JpcHTJ2-L.jpg

i-TfJ2cCR-L.jpg

i-HdGKGWm-L.jpg

i-MdXhKW8-L.jpg

i-tmn7QZb-L.jpg

Many thanks for looking

Grahame 🙂

Edited by Pentode
  • Like 8

Imported by Philw??

I have a Veillette Citron solid body bass (as used by Tina Weymouth and Bjorn from ABBA). Joe is super sharp about Build Quality on anything with his name on. I regularly email him - he is always polite and helpful.

GLWTS.

• Like 3

Nice sounding indeed.

Was Gareth making some tea during the presentation as you can hear a whistling sound coming ?

And those Veillette or Citron or Veillette - Citron instruments are true masterpieces.

GLWYS.

• Like 1

I can vouch for this fabulous instrument (and everybody involved) too. It's an amazing thing and Joe Veillette is an heroic human being in all respects. Own this bass and you own a little bit of Joe too. I'd have it back in a shot if I could.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just looking into this a bit more, it seems to be just what I'm looking for apart from the string spacing.  At the moment I'm using a Warwick Corvette 5 string but the string spacing is too narrow at 15.5mm, I assume you are talking about being measured at the bridge.  That said , I think I should come and have a look at it anyway, and as it happens I am visiting my daughter over the weekend in Hertfordshire which is not far from you.  Are you around?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...