Why become a member? ×

GT-1B/Rhodes Sounds

neil___lien

Dear Fellas & Felazettes,

i own a GT-1B & i love to play around with it at home. But i am starting a new project here in Seville, Spain, where keyboard players are hard to find. i might have to play chords while the guitar player does his noodling. 

So i was wondering if other owners of this fantastic multi-FX pedal had ever tried to create a Fender Rhodes patch. And if so, how did U do it? i assume U need quite a lot of reverb, some tremolo, some sort of pitch modification, but what did U choose as FX1 & FX2? & what settings for each element? 

Also, i have read that some of the FX, like the Octaver, do not allow U to play multiple notes at the same time, & i just tried with a couple of patches & it does look like this is true... Is there any way i can get a Fender Rhodes sound on this thing & play chords too? 

i'd really appreciate all the help i can get! (And before U draw Ur guns at me: yes, i understand the role of a bass player in a band, and no, i don't have any budget available to buy new pedals, basses or a keyboard)

Take care!

I don’t have any experience with the GT-1B, but I get my Rhodes kick from cranking up the speed on a chorus pedal, with the depth at 50%. No it doesn’t sound like a convincing Rhodes on its own, but on gigs it allows me to keep a solid low-end and have a warbly, Leslie-rotating, kind of sound that keeps me happy. Two chorus pedals I use are an MXR Analog Chorus and a TC Electronic AfterGlow. So maybe a chorus patch on the GT-1B might be worth twiddling with?

Edited by Gareth Hughes
  • Thanks 1

On 21/10/2019 at 16:47, Gareth Hughes said:

I don’t have any experience with the GT-1B, but I get my Rhodes kick from cranking up the speed on a chorus pedal, with the depth at 50%. No it doesn’t sound like a convincing Rhodes on its own, but on gigs it allows me to keep a solid low-end and have a warbly, Leslie-rotating, kind of sound that keeps me happy. Two chorus pedals I use are an MXR Analog Chorus and a TC Electronic AfterGlow. So maybe a chorus patch on the GT-1B might be worth twiddling with?

Hey Gareth! i did try what U suggested & it does the trick very well indeed! Then i added a little more reverb & another patch & this sounds good! Not exactly a Fender Rhodes, but close enough, with its own flavour... Thanks a ton!

• Like 1