Why become a member? ×

[SOLD] Steinberger XQ-5 '96 USA
£1400
MODICA

TAzMilitello

[NOW SOLDthis awesome Steinberger XQ-5, made in USA. Ash body, famous Graphite composite neck.

The serial is TN-16069, model XQSTD5CB, cherry burst, dated June 2, 1996, before of Steinberger by "Music Yo" with Moses neck.

Completely original except for the preamp which is a Sadowsky equivalent with the possibility of Active/Passive mode, purchased separately, and a screw at the top of the bolt-on which has been replaced and has a double battery compartment.

This model with the Bartolini has a really good attack but a more balanced and softer sound than the brothers with Duncan or EMG.

Perfectly working. Original soft case included.

Built in the famous Tennessee plant, under the supervision of Gibson who had taken over the company and who continued to use the components of the previous Q5 models. Definitely more aesthetically pleasing (for this reason in fact Gibson had imposed a change of products line), and lighter as it has an ash body, with a very firm and balanced sound, with woods supplied directly by Gibson stocks, they are in fact even better balanced compared to the previous Q models that instead have a maple body.

Foreign Currency: about payments different from the Euros currency you can pay by clicking using this ►Transferwise bank transfer◄ link.

ABOUT SHIPPING:

Bass is located in Italy (Sicily). No problems for international fast shipping:

*Shipping prices include shockproof packaging but without insurance, which must be calculated separately.

• To Italy: 30€ (1/2 working days)
  • To Ireland/Great Britain: 60€ (4/5 working days)
  • To Germany and Austria: 45€ (3/4 working days)
  • To Spain: 60€ (4/5 working days)
  • To France: 65€ (4/5 working days)
  • To Lithuania: 75€ (4/5 working days)
  • To Romania: 80€ (4/5 working days)
  • To Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: 65€ (3/4 working days)
  • To Czech Republic (CZ): 80€ (4/5 working days)
  • To USA and Canada: 130€ (6/8 working days)

DSC_3503.JPG

DSC_3507.JPG

DSC_3504.JPG

DSC_3508.JPG

DSC_3510.JPG

DSC_3513.JPG

DSC_3505.JPG

DSC_3509.JPG

Edited by TAzMilitello
Sold
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Tolis21r said:

i bought it with the pre amp installed  and it's aguilar obp-3 , bass and mid's are the best ... treble not so good !

Ok! When I bought this Steinberger an Aguilar OBP-3 had been installed, but I give you the reason, the sound on the high was not great, I installed this Sadowsky preamp which I like best and it has the possibility of active/passive mode, on the frequencies it plays very well.

2 hours ago, TAzMilitello said:

Ok! When I bought this Steinberger an Aguilar OBP-3 had been installed, but I give you the reason, the sound on the high was not great, I installed this Sadowsky preamp which I like best and it has the possibility of active/passive mode, on the frequencies it plays very well.

hmm i see , i am very pleased  right now with the ob3 later i will see !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Schnozzalee said:

That would be a dream bass for me.

It's an awesome instrument and always very clean and dynamic in sound, unfortunately I already have 3 headless basses and 9 basses at home, unfortunately I am forced to "make space". If you need any information, don't hesitate to contact me...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...