Why become a member? ×

Any Bristol-based Chatters?

yorks5stringer

Anyone been to the Thekla Bristol before? Trying to get info from them re what time acts start. All the info says is 'doors open 6.00 pm' but not when acts go on stage. Tried emails and phone to no avail.

So anyone been to a couple of gigs there and can say when acts  usually start please? FYI going to see Durand Jones and the Indications on Tuesday night

Been to the Thekla loads of times, but I'm none the wiser about start times.

If it was a Friday, then I'd  recommend getting down there early as the bands usually finish by 10/10:30 so the club night can start. On a Tuesday, there wouldn't be a club night after the bands, but the 6pm doors would suggest that the action starts about 7.  They do usually have a running order printed out on the door.

These days it seems like all venues are reluctant to tell you when the bands are on, I suppose they want you in and drinking as early as possible .

• Like 1

Generally speaking the main act at Thekla is on by 9pm, sometimes earlier. Support act normally around 1945. For a busy gig it's worth getting there earlyish if you want a good spot at the front as it's quite narrow and not ideal if you're at the back by the bar.  Enjoy!

• Like 2