Why become a member? ×

MIJ Precision bass £250

artisan

1996 Fender Japan 60's Precision bass,its got a few dings on it & the headstock's been chewed by someone's rabbit (only kidding) but she plays very nicely & sounds like a precision should too.
i'm not shure what the colour is actually called but i've been told its either shell pink or coral pink,anyhow looks very retro.

(don't worry about the g string saddle i'd been messing & forgot to shove back where it belongs)
price is £250 with a cheapo gig bag (toes not included :) )
i'd prefer you to collect but may meet somewhere in the harrogate area.

Edited by artisan

Think thats Salmon Pink, very nice.

Has it been resprayed perchance?

The digs on the heel behind the neck pocket look deep and they are pink!!!

Looks like a respray over the damage? Maybe wrong but I really like the colour for some perverted reason.

Edited by neilb

Used to have one of these, it's definitely shell pink and I don't think it's a respray over the damage, just lots of very thick paint and lacquer so hasn't gotten down to the wood.

These are great, someone buy it before I do.

i'd swear that its the original color & yes she's a great bass but i'm more a jazz bass man.i dare say a good setup is needed as i for one don't like taking the neck of my guitars but it plays really nice.
am i selling it too cheap ?
TDH i bought it for this price & just want my money back on it as i've just ordered a J retro for me Jazz.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='39422' date='Jul 31 2007, 11:20 AM']Thought you were downsizing?[/quote]

Think I'm gonna sell my upgraded USA Precision as I've been offered a really god price for it. Can't live without a Precision of some sort though!
Chris

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='39425' date='Jul 31 2007, 11:22 AM']No such colour. Its actually called Fierst Red. Like this:[attachment=1514:Frankenstein.doc][/quote]

You mean Fiesta Red? Salmon pink, coral pink and fiesta red are, at least in the world of Fender custom colours from the 60s, the same colour: Fiesta Red. No one's exactly sure why there are several different shades, theories range from Fender using whatever red-ish paint was to hand, re-sprays done by dealers (particularly in the UK) and just dodgy paint/finishes which didn't hold their colour.

None of these colours however is like the colour of the bass for sale which is, without doubt, shell pink.