Why become a member? ×

Well done Thomann

stewblack

Only ever had two problems with stuff bought from Thomann, a clip on tuner which arrived broken and more recently a pedal which just suddenly packed up. 

Today I received a replacement for the pedal, no quibbles, just like the last time, two emails and a replacement was shipped to me. 

Customer service? Yup, no complaints here. 

• Like 8

I had a pair of the PJB headphones that broke after 2 years and 3 months, they sent a brand new pair straight away. I never spoke to a person, as far as I can tell it was all automated. Couldn't have been happier!

I've also got several of their own brand products: the well-regarded 50s style P bass, a few di boxes, the Six Mix, they're all great. I'm considering they're 1x12" pa cabs at the moment because I've never not been happy with their stuff.

• Like 2

Thomann is indeed amazing!

What baffles me is how they have such good customer service while being the biggest online music store in Europe (perhaps even in the world?).

They must have THOUSANDS of customers every day and yet they're still very fast in their replies and always provided top notch shipping (everytime I order from them in the morning I get it dispatched THE SAME DAY - completely bonkers for such a large company).

34 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Sorry to rain on this parade but I've had mixed results over the years with enough disappointing experiences to think they were not just a one off. And a 10 euros credit is not going to tempt to me to keep something that has paint flaws.....

Good to have a balanced view, no apology needed, your bad experience is just as valid as anyone else's positive one. 

10 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Sorry to rain on this parade but I've had mixed results over the years with enough disappointing experiences to think they were not just a one off. And a 10 euros credit is not going to tempt to me to keep something that has paint flaws.....

In the pc nerd world one of the biggest and best online stores is Scan.co.uk. They regularly win awards and people love them, but they've ripped me off twice and I had to take them to small claims court. Bad experiences are just as valuable as good ones, you care to elucidate on your Thomann deal?

Some time ago I bought a 'display only' LIneone Variax 5 string bass from them for £500 and sought assurances as to its condition before purchase. Was told it had been in a display case and was as new. It arrived minus the correct power supply, special cables , manual and had clearly been played heavily. Had to contact Lineone in this country to get the missing pieces before I could use it as Thomann said 'tough'. Thomann's attitiude towards me, both on the phone and by email was combative rather than helpful and after a month of getting no-where with them  had to contact their CEO before they would come to an agreed outcome.

More recently bought a Squier VM Jazz ( or might have been a P!) from them, it had finish/paint flaws which I clearly photographed  on receipt and asked for a replacement. They offered me a 10 Euros discount if I kept it. It seemed their default position was to offer money off rather than supply an inspected item correctly in the first instance. Forgot to mention, despite them being in stock and me sending very clear photos of the issue, they made me return the Bass, have it checked before they would send a replacement, so had to wait another 10 days.

Having bought B stock and Decos from them too, I recognise items may have faults/ blemishes but don't expect a full price item or something described 'as new' to be shonky!

Edited by yorks5stringer

On 18/10/2019 at 08:39, Newfoundfreedom said:

I've always found them absolutely superb too. It's very rare these days to find a company that's an absolute pleasure to do business with. 

Yep, totally agree. Although not the cheapest like they used to be they have a good range, and fantastic CS.

3 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Having bought B stock and Decos from them too, I recognise items may have faults/ blemishes but don't expect a full price item or something described 'as new' to be shonky!

I had an issue when I bought an amp, it arrived and was clearly B stock with signs of wear and use.  I was keen to keep the amp but wanted a partial refund to reflect the condition and it was a real struggle.  Had I just returned it everything would have been fine, so that is what I learnt after that instance - don't try to chase a solution that is outside of their standard procedures.