Why become a member? ×

Ali Express basses

Hazza2004

1 hour ago, Hazza2004 said:

Are there any that you would recommend?

There are a couple of guys active on the Facebook Rickenfakers group turning out some high quality stuff, including 4005 copies. I won’t mention their names here but have a look, you’ll soon figure out who they are.

• Like 1

This guy has done some great videos on AliExpress guitars, the condition they arrived in and the work needed to make them playable (or even great).

Personally I wouldn't have the confidence in my own ability to fix any issues, but if you're remotely handy and don't mind a finish then it could be fun (and cheap).

I think a lot of these Ali Express guitars come from the usual factories 'after hours', knocking out quick unbranded versions of the same gear they make during the day, but quickly and error-prone while looking over their shoulder :lol:

Edit: His video title is intentionally clickbait-y, but they're worth a watch

Edited by Rikki_Sixx
Typo

1 minute ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I've always been more worried about them being seized by customs and ending up out of pocket. 

Why would that happen ?

It's illegal to sell fakes but no law against owning one.  I could see your concern if importing a container load but just one bass,it'd be classed as a novelty item.

1 hour ago, kodiakblair said:

Why would that happen ?

It's illegal to sell fakes but no law against owning one.  I could see your concern if importing a container load but just one bass,it'd be classed as a novelty item.

Because at the point of importing it is still illegal. 

7 hours ago, Rikki_Sixx said:

I think a lot of these Ali Express guitars come from the usual factories 'after hours', knocking out quick unbranded versions of the same gear they make during the day, but quickly and error-prone while looking over their shoulder :lol:

The "Felonious Spunk" of guitar manufacture?

12 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I think this thread is dangerously close to discussing one of the forums banned subjects, due to threats of a law suit. 

Indeed. Talkbass has taken the sensible step of banning any threads praising counterfeit basses since they don't want the threat of being sued hanging over them like a primed gun. Basschat could be liable to severe action just for hosting this thread. 

Who makes them?

Hmmmm baby! 

A very sexy lady friend of mine, Foxy Fye-ona, contacted me yesterday with regards to building her a bass guitar. She said she needed an instrument that she could feel throbbing , deep inside her. Well, I gladly obliged. After having been at it solidly for a couple of days I pulled it out and she let out a little squeal of delight. She declared that I had completely satisfied her urge, but she'd still quite like to try it standing up with a strap on. You know, the bass guitar like. 

AYE! I'll tell you what, she didn't half squirm around when I plucked her G string. 

😉

Edited by Maude
  • Haha 1