Why become a member? ×

Buying a combo - Fender Rumble 100

Guest baretas

Guest baretas

Well it's time to upgrade from my Crate 15GR to something more suitable to my Yamaha BB1100S.
It's main purpose is to be played at home (practice) and perhaps some small gigs in a couple of months (with 2 guitarists using 80W amps and a drummer). I'll be playing mostly rock, punk and other heavy stuff.
Right now I only have about €300 (+/- £200) and I found a Fender Rumble 100 (100W) for €200. I've read a lot of reviews and haven't read anything bad about it, but I wanted to know if anyone around here has an opinion about this combo, or other suitable alternatives within the price range.

Cheers! :)

Im sure my ears where burning!! :)

Yes I've used a Rumble 100 at a gig once and was REALLY impressed with it. Decent tone with some nice shaping features. The thing I really liked was the volume this little combo put out, the gig was to around 200 people and everything bar the bass was going through the PA, you could really feel it at the back of the room. If I was looking to spend under £400 or £500 on a combo Id buy the Rumble.