Why become a member? ×

Pickup wiring options

Fishman

I'm thinking of buying a triple bucker from Hausell – I'm going for a custom split jazz/quad coil MM version

My question is, what are my wiring options? I'd like to get as many options as possible with up to two switches

I'll be pairing this with a split J at the neck

Cheers!

Edited by Fishman

Haüssel’s usually have a wiring diagram as to what is coming out.

You potentially have any row of pole pieces on their own or in combination with each other, series/parallel for any combinations.

I suppose technically when selecting individual coils you could have them Vol/vol or Vol/blend.

You can also have a kill switch 

Loads of options

• Like 1

If you have an idea what you want they may be able to provide the requisite diagram and let you know what type of switches and pots are needed.

also, how  is the body? Is it a normal jazz plate rout or is it a blank top with a routed section at the back for electronics?

The number of holes you have may well dictate what is possible, unless you don’t mind drilling.

Also it’s a good time to get clever with push pull pots and or switches, for example recently with the help of others here I managed to wire a single push pull pot so it was volume only and push or pull for parallel or series for a 2 pick up bass.

Sure someone here can help

• Like 1

Cool

it’ll likely 3 point DPDT switches you need for various configurations 

Really gods push pull switches are made by Noll Electronics in Germany - you can buy direct from them and it’s cheaper - they are quality - they also do nice pre-amps which are maybe slightly more aggressive. That’s putting into place that Glockenklang are more neutral and Aguilar more vintage - just to give perspective.

If you need wiring help, repairs and Tech is a great sub forum amp here where people will help if you have a specific goal, and there are also loads of wiring diagrams on the web

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 1