Why become a member? ×

How do people find musicians these days?

wishface

3 minutes ago, wishface said:

Thanks for the responses. 

It's a bit of a pain in the donkey when you don't drive either :D

I don't either (legally I can, but I'm not very good at it so I don't), and it's never stopped me being in a band over the last 40 years. IME if you have plenty of other skills useful to the band, the other members will make allowances for the lack of driving.

Although nearly all the bands I've been in that have had regular gigs that couldn't be reached easily and inexpensively by public transport or taxi have had dedicated band transport with a driver/roadie.

10 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

various ways all involving the internet seems to be the way, they've all been mentioned, the old way of of adverts in the music press, music and record shops is long gone.

The one place I do see those is on rehearsal room notice boards. And then everyone pretends not to look at them in case their bandmates think they are about to resign😁

Being a noob I've not really thought about this, working on some stuff towards doing an open mic, have discovered there's a weekly jam at a pub not far away so will start going to them to cut my teeth with an open mind. If noone wants to kill me after hearing me play I'll see what happens. Do have a van though😊