Left leaderboard
TRBboy

Sandberg Classic Booster 5 custom *Price drop!*
£895
Hereford

Hi folks! 

This bass is just incredible, probably my favourite ever, but I've had a bit of a change of direction and it needs a new home. 

This was my second sandberg custom build, built around 2013/14. It's very lightweight and ergonomic, very balanced tonally, versatile, and features that incredible sandberg neck feel! I upgraded to a swamp ash body which not only looks stunning (pics don't do it justice!), but it's incredibly lightweight at around 3.7kg, and it works exceptionally tone - wise with the maple fretboard. I also upgraded to a 3 band eq (these models normally come with 2 band). The natural headstock was also an upgrade, as these would come with a black one as standard. It is actually a veneer with a black accent layer in between. 

Specs :

Swamp ash body with matt cherry sunburst finish 

Maple neck and fretboard

Natural headstock

Black hardware

2x dual coil soapbars

3 band Glockenklang eq with true passive bypass and passive tone control

Comes with original sandberg gigbag

There are a couple of very minor dings in the body, I can attempt to photograph these if you like. 

No trades sorry. If you're nearby, you're more than welcome to come and try! 

Thanks for looking! 😊👍

IMG_20191014_230715.jpg

IMG_20191014_230845.jpg

IMG_20191014_230917.jpg

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2703.JPG

IMG_2707.JPG

Edited by TRBboy
Price drop
  • Like 4

Bump! Absolute steal for someone here, to quality handmade bass for very little money! 😊👍

6 minutes ago, Volvito said:

Still available ?

Hi Volvito! Yes it is still available. 

5 minutes ago, Skezza said:

great buy 

It's a fantastic bass! Not just for this money, for any money! In fact it's so good I'm getting cold feet about letting it go again..... 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sibob
      Hi all,
      Now fully up for sale, Part-Ex options would be a Lakland Skyline DJ5 with cash my way too, possibly a Lakland 55-60, or maybe a Precision 4 string of some description.
      I love this Evolution, sounds awesome, light swamp ash body and looks great. It's a solid 9/10 for condition I'd say. A couple of small indentations, but nothing I'm able to photograph well. Stock, these basses come with Bartolini single-coils, however I've swapped those out for Bartolini dual coils that came direct from Rob Elrick.
      So spec is:
      35″ scale
      Swamp Ash Body
      8.5 Lbs (approx)
      Satin Matte Black Finish
      3-piece Quarter-Sawn Maple Neck
      Ebony Fretboard
      24 frets
      2-way adjustable truss rod
      Bartolini hum cancelling Dual-coil soapbar pickups (Made in the USA)
      Bartolini 3-band pre-amp w/3-way mid and active bypass (Made in the USA)
      Fully shielded control cavity
      Black Hipshot Ultra-light tuners
      Black Elrick bridge – by Hipshot (Made in the USA)
      Dunlop Dual Design strap buttons (Straplok compatible!) (Made in the USA)

I'll also include a Fusion Urban gig bag in excellent condition!

No way of shipping just at the moment, but happy to organise a socially distanced handover. As such, UK only for now.

• By NotAsGoodAsJaco
      Up for sale, my Ibanez BTB 1825. Excellent condition/as new.
      Comes with original custom fit Ibanez Case.
      35" scale bass with 19mm string spacing and a 47mm nut width.
      Bought new from Thomann in Nov 2019. Dot markers added by pro luthier.
      Low action, flat neck with  good feel. Just not the tone for me - I bought this bass without ever playing one.
      Prefer a local (London and surrounding areas) but will post within UK. UKsales only
      I believe these basses are discontinued.
      Spec from Ibanez...
      Neck type BTB59pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart/Maple w/Graphite reinforcement rods neck-through Top/back/body - Walnut top, Ash wing body Fretboard - Bound Panga Panga Abalone off-set dot inlay Frets - Medium Stainless Steel frets Premium fret edge treatment Bridge - MR5 bridge (19mm string spacing) Neck pickup - Aguilar® DCB neck pickupPassive Bridge pickup - Aguilar® DCB bridge pickupPassive Equaliser - Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ Hardware color - Gold Width 47mm NUT Radius 400  

• By warwickhunt
      I owned one of these back when they were new and just released, I bought this particular amp off a fellow BCer as a back-up and out of nostalgia.  It's as good as I remember but seeing as how I've now got 4 amps... I don't need 3 back-ups!  The amp had a new power switch and service done when I bought it.  
      Lots of info on the internet re. these professional level amps.  Please don't confuse this with the Basskick series, these are a step above and really are the mutts nuts.  No class D power ratings just old school transformers and bags of power/volume... though you can practice in silence through the headphone output. 
      600w (RMS) into 4 ohms though it will operate at 2 ohms with 1.000 watt.  Features a dual-channel tube-driven preamp, with a Varimetric EQ and a notch filter which is useful if plugging in an acoustic bass and you want to dial out unwanted resonances.
      DI is transformer balanced with ground lift switch.
      MIDI optional MSM-1 - you can buy a plug and go midi module from H&K that gives access to a wealth of options.  
      Effects Loop serial
      Footswitch/Stageboard Stageboard; switching Functions EQ on/off, A, B input (not included)
      I really don't want to run the risk of damage in transit, so collection or sensible meet up point is the way forward (NE England).  Sorry I really don't need any gear as a trade.

• By benh
      EMG 40HZ set (passive) taken out of a Spector Rebop 5 I had a while ago. Fully working when removed, reason for removal was installation of active EMGs. Some light wear but nothing major, the HZ part of the logo is slightly more worn than the EMG part. £45 posted (UK), international would be more (can get a quote for any interested parties).
      EDIT: Forgot to mention, unfortunately I don't have the pickup screws for these. SECOND EDIT: Found them!

• By badastronaut
      Carvin PB5 for sale. In mint condition! incl. original hardcase. A very well made and great playing passive P bass. The bass is pretty light (will weigh it later tonight) and has a string spacing of 19mm. 
      That's also the reason I'm selling it, I like the 17,5 mm on my Stingray 5 better.  The bass is located in the Netherlands but safe and secure shipping is not a problem. I have send quite a lot of basses to the UK without any problems. For more info or a soundsample send me a message!
      Asking price is 685 gbp. Trades are possible, 4/5/6 strings, fretted/fretless, just give it a try!

PB5 General Specifications:

5-string,
      bolt-on neck 
      scale length 34" 
      rosewood fingerboard with white dot inlays, 
      14" radius 
      Carvin locking bridge, strings through body 
      19 mm Stringspacing at the bridge