Why become a member? ×

Bass overdrive opinion. Wampler low blow anyone?

Friskydingo

8 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I thought it was a bit wooly sounding. And not in a cranked B15 sort of way either.

Didn't like it at all so I didn't buy it.

Any pedal you do recommend? 

What we're you playing through and with when trying it out? 

That was my experience with the bass Big muff. I know it's a fuzz rather than overdrive but it had no definition 

I can't remember the amp I tried it with but the bass was quite a nice Ibanez.

The Tech 21's / Darkglass etc avoid the wooly bottom.

Depends on which Tech 21 of course. I had a dUg and really liked it but it's not very versatile. DG VMT is great if you want the old Ampeg thing.

I've not tried the newest Boss bass drive yet.

If it’s at guitar guitar you could probably buy it, try it and still return within 14 days.

I’d respectfully disagree about the dUg pedal and the ground it covers, I personally think it can cover quite a reasonable territory across genres.

You won’t go far wrong Saving for some form of Tech21 - great company, quality gear.

It is however really difficult to say which one to go for, we all use/hear/need things different from each other.

Multiwave distortion isn’t bad by any means and it is a pedal with a lot of options, similarly the aftershock is a good pedal.

Everyone has their own budget but you will get most Tech21’s between 120-200 second hand, as you will the non Ultra Darkglass pedals.

You also have the Valeton Dapper which is essentially a Tech21 Bass fly rig clone and that has a sansamp type circuit, compressor, octave, chorus and tuner in one small package and is pretty good actually - guitar interactive magazine do a good review on it, and that can be found for a good price second hand.

• Thanks 1