Why become a member? ×

Custom Overwater Jazz - SOLD!!
£1400
Hatfield Herts

TheGreek

NOW SOLD

As part of my effort to downsize my collection I am (possibly) advertising my Overwater Custom Jazz. Originally built for Floyd Elgar, whose a member here and pro player. I actually sold this a few years ago to @claustra but bought it back the very same day he advertised it for sale - it's that good a bass. Since buying it back it has lived in it's (genuine Overwater) hard case under my bed.

It is a beautiful and lovely to play Bass. Weighs in at around 9-9.5LBs. I've emailed Chris May for the exact spec but needless to say it plays fantastic - just as you'd expect from a high end Overwater. Check the Bird's eye fretboard - I've never seen anything like this.

To commission this bass today you wouldn't get much change from £3k. I'll update the specs when Chris comes back to me.

Good chance that if my other items sell I will withdraw this. If you're serious, be quick.

IMG_1849.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1854.JPG

IMG_1857.JPG

IMG_1858.JPG

IMG_1860.JPG

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 11

I confirm this is a fantastic instrument.

The figured wood of the fretboard is a genuine hypnotist, and the colour over the slightly darkened grain of the ash is gorgeous.

The neck is just right, not too thin, unlike on most jazz basses (i.m.o.), and the electronics provide a VERY wide array of tones. Set the EQ to noon and you get the passive tone.

I would definitely buy it again back from you if I had not had a luthier project delivered (same woods, same tuners, same bridge... wonder why...)

Edited by claustra
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ped locked this topic