Why become a member? ×

SOLD!! - ACG Harlot SC - SOLD""
£1200
Hatfield

TheGreek

Trying to make a conscientious effort to downsize and sell some of the basses that have a tonal palette covered by others. So with great, great reluctance I put up for sale this incredibly beautiful ACG Harlot SC built by Alan Crigean. Strictly speaking I don't have anything that emulates the tonal palette from this but it doesn't get the use it deserves. TBH I don't care if it doesn't sell but it will probably stay in it's case for a big part of it's life.

This is a true one off - I believe this is the only 4 string of this design. Originally built for @GreeneKing of this very forum, there are a number of threads it appears in....There have been changes to the ACG website so I couldn't find the actual specs...I'm sure that Alan can provide the actual specs..

Beautifully balanced, with twin Humbuckers, the original ACG pre-amp and weighs in at around 9LBs. Needless to say it plays like a dream and packs a monster punch. 

If there is genuine interest I can take it to this weekends SE Bass Bash. 

Collection from Hatfield Herts preferred. Easy access from M25 and A1M - two minutes from The Galleria, local Police Station and Uni of Herts.

Feel free to ask any questions.

nKcRywL.jpg

pG34Z8J.jpg

yDlPkvr.jpg

mzqkLpf.jpg

80KsF6p.jpg

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 6

I used to own this too. It is a nice bass. Mahogany body with an amboyna burlap top and headstock cap, flamed sycamore rear, neck of lightly flamed maple with macassar ebony stringers and a few other bits of macassar ebony detail if memory serves. 34" scale, a nice player with some great sounds in that bridge pickup. 

• Thanks 1

I'm not a massive fan of singlecuts but this looks gorgeous - beautiful choice of wood throughout.  It looks like an utter bargain too.  I suspect that playability is guaranteed given the maker and provenance.  Is it a 1.5" nut?

• 2 weeks later...