Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BBN4 11 - SOLD
£120
Hatfield Herts

TheGreek

Been thinking about downsizing for a while. Need to accept reality that most of my basses live in their cases for most of their lives. They need to be used so I'm putting up a number of my basses which other basses cover the ground for.

Here is my Yamaha BBN4 11 - IMO one of the best entry model basses available. This is in great condition - at least 9.5 out of 10 - I can't see any marks on it. Plays really nice - super low action, strings have lots of life left in them. Here's a YT video (not mine)

Collection from Hatfield Herts preferred. Easy access from M25 and A1M - two minutes from The Galleria, local Police Station and Uni of Herts.

Feel free to ask any questions...

IMG_2417.JPG

IMG_2418.JPG

IMG_2419.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2514.JPG

Edited by TheGreek
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got some info about the switch:

That is the pickup selector switch, when its facing up it will only activate the neck pickup.
When its flicked down it only activates the bridge pickup.

Or: we cant`s see what funktion the switch has.
could be....
seriell - parallel switch for pickups

Or: 
I'm afraid i could not find any information on this bass.
I do think it will switch between active and passive.

or: 
We’ll do our best to try and help you out.

I am certain that this switch has been added as the stock BBN411 models do not have this modification.

The previous owner or owners must have retro fitted to perform some kind of function. As it’s unique to this instrument it would be impossible for us to determine exactly what it does without seeing the bass in the flesh. 

Maybe you could give us an idea of what it does when you use the switch? Does it change the sound at all? Is it a kill switch that turns the sound on / off? Is there an active circuit in the bass and it’s a switch to engage the circuit ? Does it run the pickups in series or parallel?

I hope this helps?

Experts, eh...
Edited by TheGreek

• 1 month later...
  • ped locked this topic