Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Yamaha BB414
£200
Hatfield, Herts

TheGreek

Been thinking about downsizing for a while. Need to accept reality that most of my basses live in their cases for most of their lives. They need to be used so I'm putting up a number of my basses which other basses cover the ground for.

Here is my Yamaha BB414 - only had it a few months - it's sat in the living room rack for most of that time alongside basses that I will generally pick up instead. Plays lovely - really nice action, strings feel like new. The former owner (a drummer) had bought it to learn on but never did.

Andy Travis is a big fan and will know lots more about these than I do - I bought it because of his love for all things Yamaha.

What they say:

For more than 20 years, the Yamaha BB Series basses have been the workhorse for great bass players like Nathan East, Tony Kanal, and Michael Anthony. Now Yamaha has reinvented the bass that started it all.
The BB series basses boast all the classic characteristics of the original BB's, from the distinctive big body design and bolt-on neck to vintage-style hardware and soapbar and split-coil pickups.

YAMAHA BB414 FEATURES:

• Construction: Bolt-on.
  • Scale Length: 864mm (34").
  • Fingerboard: Rosewood.
  • Frets: 21.
  • Neck Radius: 250mm (10").
  • Body: Alder.
  • Neck: Maple.
  • Tuners: Diecast.
  • Bridge: Vintage Style.
  • Pickups: 2 split coil neck pickups, 1 soapbar single coil bridge pickup.
  • Pickup Switch: 3 position.
  • Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone.

Collection from Hatfield, Herts preferred - really easy access from M25 and A1M - I'm 2 minutes from the local Police Station, The Galleria and Uni of Herts.

Feel free to ask questions.

Details here: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/348217-nbd-yamaha-bb414/?do=findComment&comment=3825070

20190822_191655.jpg

20190822_191709.jpg

Edited by Rich
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Somebody please buy this! Splendid instruments and this one is in the colour to have. I've got a 614 and arguably the passive 414 is the superior model. Am thinking of converting mine to passive and that'll cost almost as much as this one. Save me from myself.

• Rich locked this topic