Why become a member? ×

Feedback for Paul S

Rowbee

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought Paul's Hohner B2B bass. Great comms and was willing to ship to the continent. Bass arrived well packed and safely even though I goofed up my address in a senior moment 😂.

Thanks again for the very easy and straightforward deal. Pleasure to deal with.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So you're new to Basschat and Paul S is offering something for sale at a too good to be true price. 

What do you do? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I'll tell you what you do You buy it, with complete confidence and peace of mind. You see Paul S is as reliable, honest and decent a fellow as you're ever likely to deal with. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 19/01/2021 at 17:06, stewblack said:

So you're new to Basschat and Paul S is offering something for sale at a too good to be true price. 

What do you do? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I'll tell you what you do You buy it, with complete confidence and peace of mind. You see Paul S is as reliable, honest and decent a fellow as you're ever likely to deal with. 

^^^

+100 to this... 

Last year, @Paul S very kindly lent me his Sprackenbacker bass for a recording project I'm doing that needed that sort of 'Ricky' sound. .. 

Despite vaguely seeing each other around on Basschat, at that point, we'd never met - still haven't in fact.. But Paul took a chance on loaning out the bass to me purely based on a number of messages and 1 phone call I think it was...

I guess it was kind of a trust built on what I can only describe as 'the Basschat Guarantee'.. 😁

Anyway, spin forward 5 months later and that bass has now been used on loads of the tracks and has been of enormous benefit to the project! 

Then, Paul gets in touch with me to say he's thinking of moving the bass on and would I like first refusal?? Could I believe my luck? No I bleeding couldn't!!  And of course, there was only ever going to be one answer to that question..

So now, I'm the very proud owner of said Sprackenbacker bass and I just wanted to share this little story with all you Basschatters out there about what an absolutely brilliant bloke Paul is ! 

As was said above so very well by @stewblack

Paul - thanks very much for your generosity and for being such a help - it really is very much appreciated by me and the guys involved in the recording project! ☺️👍🎶

Nik

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am now the proud owner of Paul's Guild B-301, a gorgeous old lump that I fell in love with straight away (the bass I mean).

As usual I could have happily stayed around chatting all day as we share a common interest in not only bass but also the world of horror and the macabre!

All this in possibly the most exotic corner of Essex I've ever seen.

Cheers Paul!

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Erwin Rommel was a keen bassist, but bigged himself up far more than his actual abilities deserved.

George S Patton was also a bassist, and a s*** hot one at that. During the African campaign in 1943 Patton offered to settle matters mano mano, by having a bass-off with Rommel, winner takes all.

Rommel was so fearful of getting thrashed and severely embarrassed by the uncompromising and hard driving Patton that he fled to France where he formed a new band, The Atlantic Wall.

Unfortunately a falling out with the bands drummer Adolf over having sausage rolls and burgers served after a gig ended with the band breaking up and the drummer returning to his bunker studio on Berlin.

Patton was sadly to meet his end when his tour bus crashed in December 1945.  Even then, rock n roll was hedonistic and the life expectancy of top flight band members was short.

5 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

Erwin Rommel was a keen bassist, but bigged himself up far more than his actual abilities deserved.

George S Patton was also a bassist, and a s*** hot one at that. During the African campaign in 1943 Patton offered to settle matters mano mano, by having a bass-off with Rommel, winner takes all.

Rommel was so fearful of getting thrashed and severely embarrassed by the uncompromising and hard driving Patton that he fled to France where he formed a new band, The Atlantic Wall.

Unfortunately a falling out with the bands drummer Adolf over having sausage rolls and burgers served after a gig ended with the band breaking up and the drummer returning to his bunker studio on Berlin.

Patton was sadly to meet his end when his tour bus crashed in December 1945.  Even then, rock n roll was hedonistic and the life expectancy of top flight band members was short.

many thanks for such generous feedback.  🤣 

• Haha 1