Jump to content
dannybuoy

Orange Bass Butler Pre

Recommended Posts

Anyone got one of these, or given one a go yet? I'm toying with replacing my Bass Terror with an OB-1, having tried the latter and been very impressed, but I wonder if grabbing one of these might achieve much the same thing while saving me lugging a heavier amp about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like it would do that, with the added bonus of the compressor and individual EQs for clean and dirty!

I'm not bowled over by Orange's solid state drive sounds from these demos though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dannybuoy said:

 

I'm not bowled over by Orange's solid state drive sounds from these demos though.

I'm interested in hearing a demo with some lower gain, edge of breakup tones. If it can do that of course!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2020 at 13:13, richardjmorgan said:

Anyone got one of these, or given one a go yet? I'm toying with replacing my Bass Terror with an OB-1, having tried the latter and been very impressed, but I wonder if grabbing one of these might achieve much the same thing while saving me lugging a heavier amp about.

It's an OB-1 in a box, sounds exactly the same to my ears, and I own both ... think its really just a fly rig version of that with more control over the distorted highs, despite all of the marketing spiel of how its a new product ... still sounds really good .. prefer it to the dug .. a much more solid sound ..PM me if you like and i can sell you mine, for a bit of a discount off the new price   .. I haven't used it outside my home .. as I don't need both

Edited by Simonsbass
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While interesting it's in the "not an f'ing chance" price bracket for me for a single pedal I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a much better demo! Sounds great there. Orange should hire these guys next time, both their original demos in this thread put me off ever wanting to try one!

Edited by dannybuoy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Simonsbass said:

It's an OB-1 in a box, sounds exactly the same to my ears, and I own both ... think its really just a fly rig version of that with more control over the distorted highs, despite all of the marketing spiel of how its a new product ... still sounds really good .. prefer it to the dug .. a much more solid sound ..PM me if you like and i can sell you mine, for a bit of a discount off the new price   .. I haven't used it outside my home .. as I don't need both

Oops, I impulse-ordered one last night after some pints without checking in with this thread! If I like it though, I might send it back anyway and drop you a line!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried mine out at rehearsal last week and was really impressed. Cleans are punchier and tighter than before, and blending in the dirty stuff doesn't seem to detract from that at all. Yep, it wasn't cheap, but I'm really pleased with it. One thing I was slightly taken aback by is just how big it is. I'm gonna need a bigger pedalboard now, but I've been after an excuse for a while anyway…

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi I just got my Bass Butler today and I love it however I think I’ve got a faulty one. The footswitch does nothing, according to the manual it should mute the dirty channel but for me both channels are always on regardless of the LED colour?:(

Edited by maidens97

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a go on one on the Orange stand at the Brum Guitar Show - it was really very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...