Why become a member? ×

Orange Bass Butler Pre

dannybuoy

• 1 month later...
On 28/02/2020 at 13:13, richardjmorgan said:

Anyone got one of these, or given one a go yet? I'm toying with replacing my Bass Terror with an OB-1, having tried the latter and been very impressed, but I wonder if grabbing one of these might achieve much the same thing while saving me lugging a heavier amp about.

It's an OB-1 in a box, sounds exactly the same to my ears, and I own both ... think its really just a fly rig version of that with more control over the distorted highs, despite all of the marketing spiel of how its a new product ... still sounds really good .. prefer it to the dug .. a much more solid sound ..PM me if you like and i can sell you mine, for a bit of a discount off the new price   .. I haven't used it outside my home .. as I don't need both

Edited by Simonsbass
update

23 hours ago, Simonsbass said:

It's an OB-1 in a box, sounds exactly the same to my ears, and I own both ... think its really just a fly rig version of that with more control over the distorted highs, despite all of the marketing spiel of how its a new product ... still sounds really good .. prefer it to the dug .. a much more solid sound ..PM me if you like and i can sell you mine, for a bit of a discount off the new price   .. I haven't used it outside my home .. as I don't need both

Oops, I impulse-ordered one last night after some pints without checking in with this thread! If I like it though, I might send it back anyway and drop you a line!

Tried mine out at rehearsal last week and was really impressed. Cleans are punchier and tighter than before, and blending in the dirty stuff doesn't seem to detract from that at all. Yep, it wasn't cheap, but I'm really pleased with it. One thing I was slightly taken aback by is just how big it is. I'm gonna need a bigger pedalboard now, but I've been after an excuse for a while anyway…

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi I just got my Bass Butler today and I love it however I think I’ve got a faulty one. The footswitch does nothing, according to the manual it should mute the dirty channel but for me both channels are always on regardless of the LED colour?:(

Edited by maidens97

• 3 years later...