Why become a member? ×

Painting/Spraying bass guitar bodies

Hamster

I managed to re-spray a Jazz recently in Lake Placid blue - was really happy with the result but that's using a single colour. I'd imagine what you want would be fairly easy if you are patient with a lot of accurate masking.
I'm no expert but strip to original base/primer, or seal with a base primer if it's wood at the moment, then mask and paint the 3 colours to a dense solid colour. Then lots of clear laquer - min I'd say 2 full aerosols, probably 3, maybe even 4!!
I used Manchester Guitar Tech paints - really good but for your primary colours you could probably find one can of each colour celly online. If you can spray using a compressor then you'd probably save a lot on paints.
My Jazz ended up costing not far shy of £100 (primer sealer, LPB; laquer cans,superfine abrasives,  and shipping).

So, how much do you want a Union Jack bass, and for how long I wonder :)

@Jimothey hit it right on the button.

Get a skin, £20 from this place bloody good value compared to spray cans of paint and finish 👍

https://axedecals.com/shop/guitar-skins/flags/union-jack-flag-guitar-wrap-skin/

Found out this week Billy and Dusty from ZZ Top use skins on their gear so you'll be in good company.

• Like 2