Why become a member? ×

Courier points system and courier issues

paul, the

Big fat -1 for UPS from me... f*cking t*ssers!

I paid for a bass to be shipped to Romania (nearly £100) and duly organised collection from my parents house as I am at work; they then proceeded to screw up the collection TWICE (didn't collect on the day promised and then the next day went to the wrong address). However, that isn't the worst part! I have just received a 'loaded' PM from a Warwick.de forum MOD (who was helping out the buyer as his English wasn't too good) saying that the delivery has been made but the buyer had to pay 1000 RON (about 290euro/£230) as payment for the delivery!

I've contacted UPS and they assure me that they have a record of me paying for collection and the recipient shouldn't have paid a thing BUT how does this make me look?

I'm just a tad irrate right now but for me UPS want shafting!

[i][b]Updated[/b][/i]

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='202278' date='May 19 2008, 05:12 PM']I'm just a tad irrate right now but for me UPS want shafting![/quote]
Sorry to hear about this, John. I'm watching your thread with concern, and hope that you get it sorted quickly and calmly.
The first thing I do in that sort of situation is take a long walk. That way nothing/no one around the house gets broken.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='paul, the' post='202576' date='May 20 2008, 03:33 AM'][i][b]Updated[/b][/i]

Sorry to hear about this, John. I'm watching your thread with concern, and hope that you get it sorted quickly and calmly.
The first thing I do in that sort of situation is take a long walk. That way nothing/no one around the house gets broken.[/quote]
well my hartke ha 3500 was sent via UPS to Jersey from leeds 22/5/08 , got lost traced and has now been delivered 4/6/08 back to shop in leeds . what a shower of *******
got to be resent now
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :)

Big Thumbs Up for Interparcel.
Just over £10 to pick up a mixer I bought from down south. Placed order on web on Sunday, collected Monday, with me Tuesday by DHL.
That included the additional insurance as well.
Would recommend.

Hasn't even arrived with the buyer yet, but I'm going to give UPS a -1.

Sending a Conklin GTBD-7 from here in Sheffield up to Glasgow.

They 'forgot' to pick up the package on the day they were supposed to (Tuesday). Or the next day. An angry phonecall, and they apologised (not very sincerely) and agreed to pick it up. Package was collected on the Thursday, and should be with the buyer today. I won't hold my breath for that happening. I only hope they don't bugger it up further :)

EDIT: Apparently it has arrived, but condition hasn't been checked. Assuming it is fine though, it is still a -1 ¬_¬

Edited by Finbar

• 2 weeks later...

sent many things via parcel to go, always on time collections and deliveries, good stuff from me certainly! +1

parcelforce f***ed up a collection this week for me, and didnt deliver when the tracking system said it would, so thats a big -1 from me

Edited by BassManKev

• 2 weeks later...

Heres my review on UPS, Thought Id try em, as the drummer I play with works for them, says their good,and appear to be a pro company, ect, and they do charge a bit,!!!!!.

First up, send a bass to Ealing, go online, make an account, measure and weigh bass, book a collection time, and pay.
wait in all day,,,,,,, try to phone, hmmmm, not much joy, as my collection day/slot got lost, in the internet, no probs, lots of apoligies, they will collect tommorow........Grrrrrrrr, anyways THREE VANS arrive !!!!! five minutes apart,,,, Bah.
Bass sent, and arrived ok, though a day late..... Cost £32.00, inc insurance......

Second Bass, Phoned for collection this time, payed over the phone, £36.00 inc insurance, seems ok, surely.
destination, Falkirk, bass collected, Monday, and on its way, then dissapeared for four days ,,!!!!!!!!!!! Gone,,,, WTF....
Many phone calls to many in fact, much anger from the guy I sold it to, he beleives me to be a right ++++ er
ups cant find it ect, and so on,,,,Saturday morning, turns up at the customers house, out the blue,,,,
no response or any sense from ups,,,,,,,as to why how and maybe what,,,,,, no more UPS for me........
T~~~ssers.. il use anyone but, from now on.

Finished, have I heck, a month later, I get an invoice for a extra £66.32 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to, "VOLUMETRIC WEIGHT SIZING", Even I couldnt dream that one up,,,,,and have to pay .......within the next four weeks......

My response, :brow: took two days to sort that out, all done, thankyou.......UPS :)

I WILL USE YOU AGAIN, NOT. :huh:

A minus for Interparcel I'm afraid...

Used their online system yesterday morning to book a collection that day via DHL. Waited by my desk all day, got to 4PM, I phoned them. They were helpful on the phone, got in touch with DHL and I was told the collection van was still out. Got to cutoff time 5PM, and lo and behold, no collection, and Interparcels phoneline is only open until 5PM!

Phoned them 1st thing this morning, again rep was helpful on the phone, she got in touch with DHL who told them there was no package to collect. I asked why this was, and the Interparcel person speculated that it could be because my work address is difficult to find. As it's on the same street as the DHL depot I find that hard to believe.

I tried to get her to upgrade me to a guaranteed collection-time service, which she refused to do. I pointed out that I was slightly annoyed as I believed the "receipt" I got from Interparcel indicated that as I had paid for it, my parcel would be collected on the day. She then told me that Interparcel can't guarantee to collect parcels. As in, at all. As in they have no legal obligation to do what you've paid for! I checked their T&C's and there was no mention of this. Cancelled the delivery, will use Royal Mail tonight.

I'm lettering their Customer Service Manager, but don't expect to get much satisfaction.

A shame, as I've used Interparcel before for DHL services and they've been fine. Oh well...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='202278' date='May 19 2008, 05:12 PM']Big fat -1 for UPS from me... f*cking t*ssers!

I paid for a bass to be shipped to Romania (nearly £100) and duly organised collection from my parents house as I am at work; they then proceeded to screw up the collection TWICE (didn't collect on the day promised and then the next day went to the wrong address). However, that isn't the worst part! I have just received a 'loaded' PM from a Warwick.de forum MOD (who was helping out the buyer as his English wasn't too good) saying that the delivery has been made but the buyer had to pay 1000 RON (about 290euro/£230) as payment for the delivery!

I've contacted UPS and they assure me that they have a record of me paying for collection and the recipient shouldn't have paid a thing BUT how does this make me look?

I'm just a tad irrate right now but for me UPS want shafting![/quote]

[quote name='thylacine23' post='230140' date='Jun 30 2008, 10:42 PM']Heres my review on UPS, Thought Id try em, as the drummer I play with works for them, says their good,and appear to be a pro company, ect, and they do charge a bit,!!!!!.

First up, send a bass to Ealing, go online, make an account, measure and weigh bass, book a collection time, and pay.
wait in all day,,,,,,, try to phone, hmmmm, not much joy, as my collection day/slot got lost, in the internet, no probs, lots of apoligies, they will collect tommorow........Grrrrrrrr, anyways THREE VANS arrive !!!!! five minutes apart,,,, Bah.
Bass sent, and arrived ok, though a day late..... Cost £32.00, inc insurance......

Second Bass, Phoned for collection this time, payed over the phone, £36.00 inc insurance, seems ok, surely.
destination, Falkirk, bass collected, Monday, and on its way, then dissapeared for four days ,,!!!!!!!!!!! Gone,,,, WTF....
Many phone calls to many in fact, much anger from the guy I sold it to, he beleives me to be a right ++++ er
ups cant find it ect, and so on,,,,Saturday morning, turns up at the customers house, out the blue,,,,
no response or any sense from ups,,,,,,,as to why how and maybe what,,,,,, no more UPS for me........

Finished, have I heck, a month later, I get an invoice for a extra £66.32 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to, "VOLUMETRIC WEIGHT SIZING", Even I couldnt dream that one up,,,,,and have to pay .......within the next four weeks......

My response, :brow: took two days to sort that out, all done, thankyou.......UPS :huh:

I WILL USE YOU AGAIN, NOT. :huh:[/quote]

Believe it or not... UPS have now sent me a bill for £200+ for the delivery of the bass to Romania :) Yes the same one that I paid for and then they tried to charge the recipient for, WTF are they playing at?

If it's possible for me to neg UPS again for the same transaction then please make it so!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another minus for Interparcel, although to be fair it should really be a minus for UPS as Interparcel just outsource the carriage to another company, in this case UPS.

My shipping quote from interparcel stated 'delivery time within 2-3 days', it actually took five days which lead to some un-needed concern about whether it had been lost or not. I was also horrified to find that despite packing the amp (and Eden Nemesis NA212) better than how it arrived when I first bought it, upon arrival they had somehow managed to break one of the deep recessed handles on the top. I have no idea how they managed that, the top really must have taken a hell of a knock to do that.....tossers.

[quote]nterparcel a big -1. Nearly destroyed a Bass amp head. Bent one of the dual steel rack ears completely back on itself and knocked out a couple of mosfets. repair cost was a 1/3rd of what i paid for the amp.[/quote]

Which company actually delivered the amp? As far as I know, interparcel don't actually do any of the delivering.

Edited by Waldo

Here's another positive for APC. I called them up on a Thursday to arrange pickup on Monday, and the guy said that I'd be better off calling Monday morning AFTER I called the guy to make sure he had it with him - that's great customer service!

Bass plus hard case - "one stone 8" said the seller, which APC Cambridge calculated (correctly, it seems) to be 10kg.

All in all, Cambridge to London (just inside M25) - £14.10 plus 5% credit card booking fee, so not quite £15 then. It was picked up on Monday 21/7 and delivered Tuesday 22/7 in perfect condition. Thanks to Basschat for the recommendation, and thanks to APC for not a) screwing me over and b) smashing the bass.

Edited by JimBobTTD

• 4 weeks later...

I had my amp (Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0) shipped to me with [b]Interlink [/b] from www.bassdirect.co.uk.

Mark at bassdirect packed it up and sent it off on Monday, I recieved it here in Cyprus on Wednesday.

Now that was FAST. Great stuff.

[quote name='NeonMig' post='267646' date='Aug 22 2008, 09:15 AM']I had my amp (Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0) shipped to me with [b]Interlink [/b] from www.bassdirect.co.uk.

Mark at bassdirect packed it up and sent it off on Monday, I recieved it here in Cyprus on Wednesday.

Now that was FAST. Great stuff.[/quote]

I was just coming in here to leave some positive feedback for Interlink. Although not quite bass related.

I reguarly order gym supplements through a company that use Interlink, they will email you & text you updates including a text on the day of delivery asking you to text back if it is not suitable. Because I am at work I often ask for "please leave round back" to be put on the parcel, unlike other companies that will just prop it up by the back door etc Interlink always leaves it in a plastic container we have for storing garden furniture. Only a small thing but it's just nice not to come home to a soggy parcel when its been raining!!

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for TNT and for Parceline DPD, sent and recieved with both of these couriers recently, latter via interparcel, and they were very quick and efficient, DPD delivered a bass minimal fuss to ireland very quickly :)

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='thylacine23' post='230140' date='Jun 30 2008, 10:42 PM']Heres my review on UPS, Thought Id try em, as the drummer I play with works for them, says their good,and appear to be a pro company, ect, and they do charge a bit,!!!!!.

My response, :brow: took two days to sort that out, all done, thankyou.......UPS :)

I WILL USE YOU AGAIN, NOT. :huh:[/quote]

If they don't deliver within the guaranteed time you are entitled to a full refund - ask for your money back.

Steve

+3 For Interparcel.

The first consignment I arranged pick-up of a mixer from London as the seller wanted £20 for delivery. Interparcel charged me £12.50 and included £100 insurance. The mixer was really badly packed but got to me in one piece.

Consignment 2 was a Bass and Case I sent to a fellow BassChatter in Scotland. No problems and £23.50 including £500 insurance.

The final delivery really tested Interparcel's Customer Service. I booked through the web and chose a DHL service. Everything went through fine until on the day of collection DHL phoned to tell me the pick-up time I selected was after their pick-up time for the area. I tried to explain that the time I "selected" was the only one available. They agreed to collect the next day, which didn't really bother me, but decided to let Interparcel know that there was a problem with their booking system as it only offered me a 2:30 - 4:30 pick-up slot and DHL's cutt-off for my area was 10:00AM,
A polite, "could you hang on a moment" resulted in them offering to change the order to TNT and it would be picked up later in the afternoon, which it was. The package was delivered at 8:06 the following morning.

Cannot fault them. Great web-site and really good Customer Service.