Courier points system and courier issues

paul, the

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A couple of recent points:

Interparcel are poor on the communications front. I'm buggered if I'm going to pay them 10p a minute on the phone and they don't respond to email. However, the parcel I had sent, which had had several failed delivery attempts which I wanted to find out about, was handled by UPS who were very helpful when I phoned them. So book with the organ-grinder and talk to the monkey.

UK Mail - I've been sent a bass by UK Mail. Had it sent to my home address, and as expected (no-one there in the day) I've been carded. So last night I tried to opt for collecting it next day and, although I could select it on the web page, I then got an error that said I had to choose an alternative delivery date. Tried ringing them as I want to check opening hours of the depot and whether I might be able to pick it up on Saturday, only to be told (last night and several times today so far) that they are experiencing a high call volume. The website shows the location of the depot and gives times that it's open for parcels to be sent, but not when it's open for parcels to be collected. So far, they are actually worse than Yokel, which surely entitles them to some sort of award. More news when I get it all sorted.

Update: half an hour after I arrived at the depot, they told me that the parcel had been delivered to next door. I did manage to get through to them on the phone - for some reason, they couldn't get my consignment number from the card number and delivery postcode, though on going back to their website I found that putting in the card number and postcode gave the consignment number. And incidentally, although the depot is open on Saturday 8 till 12, there's no option on the arranging a collection part of the redelivery webpage to collect on a Saturday.

• 6 months later...

UPS delivery today. What a plesant change.

Long ago I vowed to never use UPS again as their GPS system didn't recognise our street and so any deliveries required a trip to the depot to collect. The unhelpful woman at the end of the phone was a typical "computer says no" jobsworth. she accepted that the system could be wrong, but there was nothing she would do about it.

Anyway, today someone sent me 2 parcels: 40kg and a 8kg not musical related, but fragile items. via UPS.

received a text at 8:00 this morning giving a brief overview of the drivers route and eta of 12:00 - 15:00
text received at about 10:00 with revised eta of 13:00 - 14:00
text at 12:00 with revised eta of 13:00 -13:30

It arrived just after 13:00 and nice driver helped me cary the heavy box up 2 flights of stairs. I wonder if they have had a bit of a customer service focus training :) anyway, I'll be using UPS exclusively from now on purely because of the eta messages. Obviously computer generated, but it makes so much difference knowing exactly what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

A search on this thread did not show any comment on 'parcelbroker.co.uk' so I'll add my comments here.

They use UPS and I sent a large 4 * 10 sized cab from Warrington down to Hereford. Packaging was triwall cardboard, glued and roped up

On receipt of my order they emailed me to warn me that I was close to the size limit for that price, and asked me to confirm that my measurements were accurate. The basic cost was £14.23 +vat and I paid £5 to increase the insurance - total cost £23.08 for a 35kg package 66 * 45 * 77 cm . UPS collected on time and delivered next day and undamaged.

Good customer service and doing what they say they will do, so +1 from me.

David

Edited by Mottlefeeder

City Link have just destroyed a 4U rack case I sent to a member on here. I could probably jump up and down on the damn case, so what they must have done to it to put two huge holes in it and sheer the rubber feet off I have no idea.....really not happy.

I've used Nightfreight through Parcel monkey a few times and they're really good for large items such as cabs.

Parcelmonkey communication is poor at best - if you contact them during the day, do not expect a response before 2am. Nightfreight do not offer tracking but if you call your local depot with just your name and postcode they can tell you if its out for delivery.

Don't call the Night Freight number on the Parcelmonkey website as I'm sure its a phone in a locked cupboard somewhere as no one will answer it but the local one will get you through no probs.

I posted a 75cm x 77cm x 53cm box containing a 28kg cab fully insured for £20 and I'll use them again for anything else that size