Why become a member? ×

OK, So which courier to send a bass?

PatrickJ

Well all I can say is I've bought and sold about 40 basses, 37 of them by post.  I had one minor issue and a big issue on two incoming.  In both cases the sender was light on packing.  Recently ParceForce, before that usual Interparcel UPS.  Life isn't quite as bad as it seems if you provide against contingencies and use common sense.  

15 hours ago, PJ-Bassist said:

True, I'd really rather not but I'm not going to absorb the £40 to buy one and buyers don't seem interested in a 5 - 10% uplift to provide one.  On BC especially they are constantly trying to knock you down on price so presenting another 40 quid on top is going to lose you that sale.

It also strikes me as curious that when Fender, Gibson, Sandberg etc. ship guitars worldwide they are not in hardcases (to my knowledge) and when I've bought guitars online from retailers like Andertons, GAK and GuitarGuitar not a single one has come in a hardcase.  So do they just not bother with insurance and absorb any losses or do commercial organisations have different agreements with couriers?

It's either covered by the courier or by their own business insurance - usually the latter.

And of course makers and shops generally know how to pack things properly.

Unlike the eijit on facebook that I bought a bass from - there was a case, but he just wrapped it in a bin bag!

Sold a bass here recently - used PF via Interparcel - as far as I know the bass arrived safely and in good time.

The one possible hiccup/ hiccough  was the front line team member at my local depot who was rude and unhelpful. This was thankfully overturned by another of his team and one of the phone staff who were extremely helpful.

Feedback left on their website, naming names... 

On 17/10/2019 at 12:39, PJ-Bassist said:

Hmm, I'm not off to a good start with Eurosender.  Firstly I forgot to use the Basschst Discount code (grrrr) then on the day DPD were due to pick up the bass I get this email.

Screenshot_20191017-123437_Outlook.thumb.jpg.e94d3893f531755292ffcfab9af15f52.jpg

Things with Eurosender getting worse.

After receiving the e-mail above I spoke to the recipient of the bass who asked that the courier comes Monday rather than Friday so the guitar is not sitting on a Van / in a Warehouse over the weekend.  Fair enough, I called Eurosender who said no problem and I got further e-mail confirmation that the Bass will be collected Monday.

image.thumb.png.4e64f53d490af4d0fc26e3ad93324cb3.png

DPD show up about 30 minutes ago to pick up 2 parcels (??), when my wife advised that they should be coming on Monday the DPD driver was extremely rude to her about his wasted time, and how this wasn't DPD's fault.  They've now cancelled the collection and insisting I rebook :(.