Why become a member? ×

NAD - Trace Series 6 AH300

Deedee

20 hours ago, Deedee said:

A fine collection 👍

Thank you. The 1215 combo was the biggest surprise.  There's a local rehearsal set up that has an old beaten up 410 TE combo in one of its rooms. It was plugging into that with extremely low expectations that convinced me I had to have an AH150/200 head; the combo being just too big and heavy. The first I found was the rack mounting AH200 then the Mk5 AH150. All good, no more TE heads needed. The next visit to this rehearsal set up we were in a different room that had a beaten up 1215 in it. Plugged in and what do you know, that beautiful Trace Elliot oomph coming from something much smaller and lighter than the 410. Around the same time an as new example popped up on here which I was lucky enough to acquire. The AH100 (or 130, I cant tell which?) was from a local guy who didn't gig so once again too good to pass by. That's definitely the last purchase (yeah, right) unless a mint SMX250 surfaces somewhere convenient.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

That's definitely the last purchase (yeah, right) unless a mint SMX250 surfaces somewhere convenient.

😂 That’s what I keep saying. There’s actually a tidy 250 SMX on Gumtree at the moment. Not sure whether the buyer is willing to ship or not (in Scotland).

That is a fine collection! They are still around in amazingly good condition if you keep your eyes open - and I might be imagining it but the prices seem to be firming up a just a little. Still stupid cheap for what they are but maybe the world at large is catching on to the worthiness of 'classic' TE gear. The (daft) notion that they are one-trick ponies might be one reason they have been so cheap for so long, but I think I'll always have one or two in my possession.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deedee said:

Just under 23kg by my scales, 2kg heavier than my MkIV AH250 that has the standard wooden case.

one of the advantages of the lower wattage ones is they're lighter both my SMX and Series 6 are fanless and are about 13KG an easy one handed lift

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

one of the advantages of the lower wattage ones is they're lighter both my SMX and Series 6 are fanless and are about 13KG an easy one handed lift

Agreed. I’m a big fan myself (my main amp is a 250SMX) but I do like to take a big old UV model out now and again. 😎

11 hours ago, Deedee said:

😂 That’s what I keep saying. There’s actually a tidy 250 SMX on Gumtree at the moment. Not sure whether the buyer is willing to ship or not (in Scotland).

Luckily, Scotland is way outside my acquisition convenience radius. GAS suppressed for the time being. 📉

• Haha 1