Why become a member? ×

Set-ups in London? Help needed.....

BassJase

I bought my first neck-through bass recently, and I need to find someone to set the bugger up for me.
I've done the best I can with it, but I like my action to be as low as possible, and with this neck-through design I just can't seem to lower it enough. Normally I would put a shim in the help it out a little, but thats a no-go on this.

If anyone knows someone who might be able to do this for a reasonable price then please let me know. I'd much rather the cash went to a BC-er than a faceless shop who'll charge silly money for a half-hours work!

Cheers y'all.

[quote name='misrule' post='375430' date='Jan 9 2009, 05:26 PM']Chris McIntyre in Peckham does a good job. He set up my Thunderbird which now plays like a dream.

[url="http://www.mcintyreguitars.com/contact.htm"]His address[/url]

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

Seconded, Chris always does a great job.

[quote name='BassBod' post='375075' date='Jan 9 2009, 01:34 PM']Look up Mo Clifton (cliftonbasses.co.uk) based in Blackheath?[/quote]

I picked up my Jazz today from Mo who installed my new SCN pups, replaced a faulty pot and setup my bass beautifully with a lovely low action. Fast service (it was ready in 24hrs), pleasant chap to deal with and I'm very happy overall. Recommended.