Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021

scrumpymike

Could I be extremely pedantic and suggest the thread be re-titled back to 'South West Bass Bash' as anyone who has not followed the saga will have a clue what all the acronyms are? Thus It may encourage someone who is not a member but in the SW to attend?🎸

BTW, the date is fine by me too.(BTW- by the way)!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Could I be extremely pedantic and suggest the thread be re-titled back to 'South West Bass Bash' as anyone who has not followed the saga will have a clue what all the acronyms are? Thus It may encourage someone who is not a member but in the SW to attend?🎸

BTW, the date is fine by me too.(BTW- by the way)!

Good idea!  Now re-titled as suggested.  See you there.

• 3 months later...

So excited for this event. I'm bringing a bass student who is that remarkable and rare phenomenon - a singer who helps carry gear, brings and sets up the pa. 

I've known her for a few years and I still can't get over this fact. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, stewblack said:

So excited for this event. I'm bringing a bass student who is that remarkable and rare phenomenon - a singer who helps carry gear, brings and sets up the pa. 

I've known her for a few years and I still can't get over this fact. 

I bet none of the other bass bashes will have such a unique thing on display.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Is there a vaccine entry policy..?

Hi Frank, TBC nearer the time.  Unless things turn really ugly (again!!), my plan is that the Bash will definitely go ahead according to a sensible covid protocol that I'll draw up with the team to suit whatever conditions prevail in September.  As I'll probably err on the side of caution, I can't guarantee that everyone will be happy with it but at least people will know what to expect and decide whether or not to attend based on their own assessment of the risk.  Of course, anything I do is subject to the hall being open on the day.

Obviously what you guys and gals think matters and I'll be canvassing everyone's opinion in the run-up to the event.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

Hi Frank, TBC nearer the time.  Unless things turn really ugly (again!!), my plan is that the Bash will definitely go ahead according to a sensible covid protocol that I'll draw up with the team to suit whatever conditions prevail in September.  As I'll probably err on the side of caution, I can't guarantee that everyone will be happy with it but at least people will know what to expect and decide whether or not to attend based on their own assessment of the risk.  Of course, anything I do is subject to the hall being open on the day.

I was only kidding really, should have put a smiley! But the above does actually make sense.

27 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

Obviously what you guys and gals think matters and I'll be canvassing everyone's opinion in the run-up to the event.

👍

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

You did see the last group photo didn't you? :D

I’ll have you know my pert tush was once described as text book in Burke’s Derrières of the Aristocracy, you were all extremely lucky to get a glance, it’ll not happen again.

5 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

I’ll have you know my pert tush was once described as text book in Burke’s Derrières of the Aristocracy, you were all extremely lucky to get a glance, it’ll not happen again.

Shame.  That would have been a handy place to park my bike on the 19th.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest attendance/gear list. Feel free to update if necessary.

1. @Frank Blank‘s No Longer Acoustic Corner - Rob Allen Mouse, ACG Harlot SC, ACG Recurve SS, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, Helix Stomp, HX Edit, bike-park.

2. @Rich - Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. Korg Pandora (if I can find the feckin thing) and headphones.

3. @wrinkleygit - Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, ‘72 Gibson EB0, SWR Working Mans 10 combo & 1x10 ext cab & a set of h’phones. Both basses strung with Labella flats

4. @scrumpymike - Setting aside a bunch of FS stuff to give SW Bashers first shot and minimise packing and shipping work/costs. Unless cash flow dictates earlier sale, this will include: a couple of BF cabs (either SC Gen 3s or Two10s, to be decided); BF One10; Maruszczyk Elwood 30" scale; Spector Bantam if still unsold (already posted FS); Eden WT550 if still unsold (already posted FS); Ampeg PF800. 'Keepers' also on display will be: the other pair of BF cabs; my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll - provided I can decide what it's going to be in time for AndyJr to build it; my no 1 gig amp (Subway 800+); my old no 1 gig amp (Genzler Magellan 800). All of which will hopefully bring forward the day when Mrs Scrumpy can finally join her old man in retirement 😁

5. @Pea Turgh - My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats. My black bitsa (same strings). Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).

6. @stevie - Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)

7. @yorks5stringer - Gretsch Electromatic, Markbass CMD101 Micro Marcus Miller

8. @Andyjr1515 - Not yet sure what I will be bringing except my athletic physique and chiselled good looks (and if you believe that....  )

9.  @stewblack - Trace Elliot Rig of Death. Ric inspired 'tributes' various amps and basses for sale unless they shift here first. A hernia (probably). 

10. @basstone - For Sale refurbished Marshall DBS200 combo fitted with beyma 12" speaker. BC v3 cab with G&K MB500 amp. '78 Fender fretless jazz bass with rotosound nylon coated strings. Probably plus one other bass TBD

11. @Woodinblack - Ibanez 5 string (not decided which), Chapman stick railboard, Chapman NS/Stick, Probably TC450, BC 112 Speaker. 

12. @Chienmortbb - BC112 speaker, Bugera Mosfet amp, Fender Aerodyne and/or Greg Bennett semi acoustic bass ( might sell if the offers are right). I may even bring my homebrew 500 watt amp designed in conjunction with @Passinwind if finished.

13. @Cuzzie - tbc

14. @MoJoKe - whatever demo gear is left over from the month before (Manchester Bass Show), so will definitely have my Casa rig, probably the new Vintage D2 head (which I am thinking of selling the Casa to buy...  it’s that good!), and I'll try and bring Markbass instruments and some packs of the new Markbass strings to give away

15. @olipaulo - Basses: Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Combos: Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs

16. @sbrag - tbc

17. @Triumph_Rock - tbc

18. @Richard Jinman - tbc

Edited by Rich

Latest attendance/gear list. Feel free to update if necessary.

1. @Frank Blank‘s No Longer Acoustic Corner - Rob Allen Mouse, ACG Harlot SC, ACG Recurve SS, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, Helix Stomp, HX Edit, bike-park.

2. @Rich - Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. Korg Pandora (if I can find the feckin thing) and headphones.

3. @wrinkleygit - Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, ‘72 Gibson EB0, SWR Working Mans 10 combo & 1x10 ext cab & a set of h’phones. Both basses strung with Labella flats

4. @scrumpymike - Setting aside a bunch of FS stuff to give SW Bashers first shot and minimise packing and shipping work/costs. Unless cash flow dictates earlier sale, this will include: a couple of BF cabs (either SC Gen 3s or Two10s, to be decided); BF One10; Maruszczyk Elwood 30" scale; Spector Bantam if still unsold (already posted FS); Eden WT550 if still unsold (already posted FS); Ampeg PF800. 'Keepers' also on display will be: the other pair of BF cabs; my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll - provided I can decide what it's going to be in time for AndyJr to build it; my no 1 gig amp (Subway 800+); my old no 1 gig amp (Genzler Magellan 800). All of which will hopefully bring forward the day when Mrs Scrumpy can finally join her old man in retirement 😁

5. @Pea Turgh - My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats. My black bitsa (same strings). Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).

6. @stevie - Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)

7. @yorks5stringer - Gretsch Electromatic, Markbass CMD101 Micro Marcus Miller

8. @Andyjr1515 - Not yet sure what I will be bringing except my athletic physique and chiselled good looks (and if you believe that....  )

9.  @stewblack - Trace Elliot Rig of Death. Ric inspired 'tributes' various amps and basses for sale unless they shift here first. A hernia (probably). 

10. @basstone - For Sale refurbished Marshall DBS200 combo fitted with beyma 12" speaker. BC v3 cab with G&K MB500 amp. '78 Fender fretless jazz bass with rotosound nylon coated strings. Probably plus one other bass TBD

11. @Woodinblack - Ibanez 5 string (not decided which), Chapman stick railboard, Chapman NS/Stick, Probably TC450, BC 112 Speaker. 

12. @Chienmortbb - BC112 speaker, Bugera Mosfet amp, Fender Aerodyne and/or Greg Bennett semi acoustic bass ( might sell if the offers are right). I may even bring my homebrew 500 watt amp designed in conjunction with @Passinwind if finished.

13. @Cuzzie - tbc

14. @MoJoKe - whatever demo gear is left over from the month before (Manchester Bass Show), so will definitely have my Casa rig, probably the new Vintage D2 head (which I am thinking of selling the Casa to buy...  it’s that good!), and I'll try and bring Markbass instruments and some packs of the new Markbass strings to give away

15. @olipaulo - Basses: Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Combos: Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs

16. @sbrag - tbc

17. @Triumph_Rock - tbc

18. @Richard Jinman - tbc

19. @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Deathburger (sublime to the ridiculous) maybe another bass and an amp.

Still hoping to make it. Assuming I still have the same stuff as now I can bring:

Basses

Yamaha bb1100s

G&L JB Tribute (Tuned d std)

Shergold Marathon

MTD CRB with tone styler preamp (Tuned D std)

Tobias Toby Pro

Hohner B2A

Encore Fretless P with Roto tapewounds

Tanglewood Elf

Amp

Bugera Veyron T

Barefaced Super Twin T

Various pedals

Cheers

Steve

Edited by sbrag

That was a while back so some of my stuff has changed - sold the NS/Stick, got some other stuff. I guess I will bring:

Ibanez EHB1505, Shuker Uberhorn, Chapman Stick, ABM600, BC112 speaker. 

- although as there are loads of amps / cabs there, maybe I could bring the Spark so people could see if it was something they were interested in?

Edited by Woodinblack

No longer own the Trace R of D, and my faker is in bits. 

My contribution will be updated - it all depends on which car I'm in, mine is tiny. 

Going to be selling a black club bass, a bitsa precision, a vintage Washburn and an OLP 5 string and maybe some pedals so bring your wallets. 

Need to take myself off the list. I should still be attending but all my gear will (hopefully) be sold by then...

1. @Rich - Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. Korg Pandora (if I can find the feckin thing) and headphones.
  2. @wrinkleygit - Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, ‘72 Gibson EB0, SWR Working Mans 10 combo & 1x10 ext cab & a set of h’phones. Both basses strung with Labella flats
  3. @scrumpymike - Setting aside a bunch of FS stuff to give SW Bashers first shot and minimise packing and shipping work/costs. Unless cash flow dictates earlier sale, this will include: a couple of BF cabs (either SC Gen 3s or Two10s, to be decided); BF One10; Maruszczyk Elwood 30" scale; Spector Bantam if still unsold (already posted FS); Eden WT550 if still unsold (already posted FS); Ampeg PF800. 'Keepers' also on display will be: the other pair of BF cabs; my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll - provided I can decide what it's going to be in time for AndyJr to build it; my no 1 gig amp (Subway 800+); my old no 1 gig amp (Genzler Magellan 800). All of which will hopefully bring forward the day when Mrs Scrumpy can finally join her old man in retirement 😁
  4. @Pea Turgh - My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats. My black bitsa (same strings). Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).
  5. @stevie - Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)
  6. @yorks5stringer - Gretsch Electromatic, Markbass CMD101 Micro Marcus Miller.
  7. @Andyjr1515 - Not yet sure what I will be bringing except my athletic physique and chiselled good looks (and if you believe that....  )
  8. @stewblack - Trace Elliot Rig of Death. Ric inspired 'tributes' various amps and basses for sale unless they shift here first. A hernia (probably). 
  9. @basstone - For Sale refurbished Marshall DBS200 combo fitted with beyma 12" speaker. BC v3 cab with G&K MB500 amp. '78 Fender fretless jazz bass with rotosound nylon coated strings. Probably plus one other bass TBD
  10. @Woodinblack - Ibanez 5 string (not decided which), Chapman stick railboard, Chapman NS/Stick, Probably TC450, BC 112 Speaker. 
  11. @Chienmortbb - BC112 speaker, Bugera Mosfet amp, Fender Aerodyne and/or Greg Bennett semi acoustic bass ( might sell if the offers are right). I may even bring my homebrew 500 watt amp designed in conjunction with @Passinwind if finished.
  12. @Cuzzie - tbc
  13. @MoJoKe - whatever demo gear is left over from the month before (Manchester Bass Show), so will definitely have my Casa rig, probably the new Vintage D2 head (which I am thinking of selling the Casa to buy...  it’s that good!), and I'll try and bring Markbass instruments and some packs of the new Markbass strings to give away
  14. @olipaulo - Basses: Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Combos: Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs
  15. @sbrag - tbc
  16. @Triumph_Rock - tbc
  17. @Richard Jinman - tbc
  18. @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Deathburger (sublime to the ridiculous) maybe another bass and an amp.