Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021

scrumpymike

3 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

On hearing the postman struggling to cram something through the letterbox I assumed a) he'd finally cracked and decided to hump the attractive front door (it's the stained glass window with the sunset that does it) or b) Chez Blank had been targeted for an inordinate amount of junk mail this morning. In fact it was the rarely seen option q) arrival of Bass Bash T-Shirt, addressed to none other F Black, whoever that is? As he appears to take the same size as me in T-shirts I have appropriated it.

Cheers Stumpybike.

😉

By a curious coincidence, I found my t-shirt when loading my speaker last night. I will be wearing it to a rehearsal tomorrow.

3 hours ago, stewblack said:

Vis a Vis the 6" pocket rocket. I had sauntered into the side room out of nosiness and was handed a bass 

A very solid, Fender P with a few extra bells and whistles, very nice instrument.

I was focused on getting a sound I liked rather than on the amp/cab I was going through. 

There was a line of small cabs dwarfing the even smaller 6" and I assumed it was one or other of them.

Genuinely astonished when I discovered which it was.

I honestly think gigging with a couple of them would be a serious proposition. Never easy to tell with no kit in an empty room but there was all the good stuff coming out of that tiny cab.

It's true, you were more interested in the bass and I noticed how enthusiastically you were adjusting the bass boost, I was seriously concerned for my little sixer as the level was already quite high. It actually coped fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Starr said:

It's true, you were more interested in the bass and I noticed how enthusiastically you were adjusting the bass boost, I was seriously concerned for my little sixer as the level was already quite high. It actually coped fine.

Sounded great I was genuinely shocked when you told me which speaker

On the subject of the T Shirts, I won a vintage First Edition in the Raffle. I noticed it was a 3XL but was assured it would fit me....it was mis-labeled obviously!

Pretty sure in years to come this will become a collectors item so am framing it and sending it to my nearest Hard Rock Cafe!

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, yorks5stringer said:

On the subject of the T Shirts, I won a vintage First Edition in the Raffle. I noticed it was a 3XL but was assured it would fit me....it was mis-labeled obviously!

Pretty sure in years to come this will become a collectors item so am framing it and sending it to my nearest hard Rock Cafe!

See if they'll swap it for one of Jack Bruce's or Andy Fraser's discarded Gibbo's which I will then swap you for the latest T-shirt in your size 🙂

26 minutes ago, stewblack said:
1 hour ago, Phil Starr said:

Sounded great I was genuinely shocked when you told me which speaker

I was just humouring you when I 'guessed' the larger speaker to its right.

Honest.

49 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

See if they'll swap it for one of Jack Bruce's or Andy Fraser's discarded Gibbo's which I will then swap you for the latest T-shirt in your size 🙂

Clearly not an equivalent swap, the Bash Tee Shirt is worth a lot more! You can forget about Bitcoin, Bass Bash Tee Shirts are the currency of the future...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

On hearing the postman struggling to cram something through the letterbox I assumed a) he'd finally cracked and decided to hump the attractive front door (it's the stained glass window with the sunset that does it) or b) Chez Blank had been targeted for an inordinate amount of junk mail this morning. In fact it was the rarely seen option q) arrival of Bass Bash T-Shirt, addressed to none other F Black, whoever that is? As he appears to take the same size as me in T-shirts I have appropriated it.

Cheers Stumpybike.

😉

Mine also arrived today, thanks!  Have tried it on and already my playing has improved... 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Rich said:

Yes, when Sterling becomes worthless the Bass Bash T Shirt will become the unofficial national currency. We'll see marketplace adverts for basses priced at $400 / €340 / BBTS 1.5 / £12,504,998.

Well Sterling is almost worthless compared to a full blooded Musicman anyway....?

• Haha 3

If anyone is selling one of the Genz Benz Focus 112s then I'll happily take it off your hands! Been on the look out for another one for AGES! I agree with some of the comments, they are one of the best (12") cabs I've ever had, and having GASSED away one of them a few years ago, I'm starting to regret it....

Cash to buy and Ashdown Combo to trade waiting so PLEASE PLEASE let me know! 😆