Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021

scrumpymike

31 minutes ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

A very big thank you to Mike and everyone that helped put this event on - your effort is genuinely appreciated. It was so nice to get together with everyone again and catch up.

It's not just about basses as over lunch we:

• We cured old age pains that make you go arrrggghh when you sit down or get up (just requires rhubarb crumble)
  • We shared a recipe for the perfect salad dressing#
  • Ate some very nice food. Went back for more. And went back for more again.....

For anyone that hasn't been to this before, put it in your diary for next year. It is such a friendly event in a beautiful setting. I'm looking forward to the next one already!!

Me too and that date is already reserved in the band diary. No gigs that weekend.

On 19/09/2021 at 08:07, olipaulo said:

With all the days left in the year to wake up with a migraine it would have to be on the bass bash... Sorry chaps, I need dark and quiet today, all the opposite of a bass bash... 😔 Hope you all have a great event! 

HI Paulo,

you were missed mate! Hope you have recovered?

I wanted to have a good go on your Helix to see what the fuss is about?

Cheers,

Norm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

That wasn't Norm, it was Santa Claus recruiting for more Elves, as most of last years have gone back to Greenland.....

& if that doesn't work, its just Captain Birdseye pressganging for his fishing smack!

Got to diversify for the gig economy 🤩

41 minutes ago, Norm said:

HI Paulo,

you were missed mate! Hope you have recovered?

I wanted to have a good go on your Helix to see what the fuss is about?

Cheers,

Norm.

Hi Norm!

Luckily these are one day only! Feeling fabulous now! And also jealous of all you chaps, after seeing the photos from the bash!

Can't wait for next year's... I may put the event in my calendar on the wrong day to fool next year's migraine... 🙃

Edited by olipaulo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zbd1960 said:

Looks like a great event. Wonder if an interloper from the northern Border Marches in darkest Salopia could sneak in next time? 🤔

Well... keep it to yourself, but I've found a gap in the razor wire that the border patrols haven't spotted yet. Getting past the guard towers is easy enough, and if you can get a decent fake South West passport, you should be ok.

Oh, and rehearse a few choice Bash phrases. "How does this tiny bass sound so huge?" and "can I have yet another cup of tea please?" and "can't resist it, I'm gonna have to go get some seconds" should do it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Richard R said:

That only seems to link to the top of this thread. Is that a technical error, or a very subtle way if saying I should have got my life organised and turned up?

That's odd, it should have taken you straight to this post:

image.thumb.png.1e2657e1029b9a110152381737f24fc5.png

Oxygen and the air pressure are always being monitored. In the event of a decompression, an oxygen mask will automatically appear in front of you. To start the flow of oxygen, pull the mask towards you. Place it firmly over your nose and mouth, secure the elastic band behind your head, and breathe normally.

SMike.jpg.433c888bd9f39558f5d49189aa5aa4ea.jpg

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Oxygen and the air pressure are always being monitored. In the event of a decompression, an oxygen mask will automatically appear in front of you. To start the flow of oxygen, pull the mask towards you. Place it firmly over your nose and mouth, secure the elastic band behind your head, and breathe normally.

SMike.jpg.433c888bd9f39558f5d49189aa5aa4ea.jpg

You missed the bit about life jackets, emergency exits and women and children first......