Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021

scrumpymike

16 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

...AND A FEW MORE THINGS

• PPE - there are hand sanitizer dispensers in the hall but please bring whatever else you think you might need.
  • Bass stands - don't forget them!
  • Cash - there are no ATMs near the hall so bring cash if you're buying.
  • Ear plugs/defenders - no compensation will be paid for hearing damage sustained at the Bash 😉  As before, there's a separate Quiet Room suggested 'noisy time' in the hall will be between 10-to and 10-past every hour.
  • Covid tracing - Graham on the door will have a list of everyone present but please give him your contact phone number on arrival (plus your post-code if you want to enter 'furthest travelled')

I believe I'm right that @jebroad set up a unique track and trace QR code for the Midlands Bash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

It is a tweetered version so I shall bring that and one of the TCs (the less battered ones). I will bring the video anyway as maybe there will be some bits we want to see, and if it records nothing, well its only a little zoom camera.

that's great, Stevie isn't coming and I'm waiting for parts to make mine tweetered so it'd be great to have one for the shootout. Really happy about the video too. There's quite a few people have viewed the other one over the years :)

8 hours ago, Phil Starr said:

I'd like to do another cab shootout in the side room but i've left it late to  organise, It would be great to do a shootout of 12's preferably with tweeters so if you have anything at home fitting that description it would be great to bring it along so we can compare as many brands as possible.

It would be nice to gather as many self builds as possible too and I'm hoping to be able to run people through winISD if anyone is interested and to offer any help on self building I can.

Would a Markbass NYC121 be of any use? It has the piezo tweeter and cannot be attenuated.

Just got back from the Bash.

Big thanks to Mike and his team for all the organisation, everything went very smoothly and the food as usual was tasty and plentiful. Not so many Basses but enough to keep me gassing and great to meet up with old and new Bashers!

Oh, and thanks to Phil Star too for organising the  12" cab sound comparison beauty contest!

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Just got back from the Bash.

Big thanks to Mike and his team for all the organisation, everything went very smoothly and the food as usual was tasty and plentiful. Not so many Basses but enough to keep me gassing and great to meet up with old and new Bashers!

I will second that, Mike and his merry band have pulled off another stellar event, with a special mention of the rhubarb crumble, looking forward to next year already.

• Like 3

Well, Gabs and I have just finished unloading all the stuff, putting everything back where it belongs and had a slump on the sofa with a cuppa.  It was another great day for us too!  Thanks to all of who attended, and we are looking forward to seeing the regulars who couldn't make it next time 😊  If everyone's agreeable, we're going for early October next year as it's between the holiday season and the winter bugs.  Watch this space for today's pic's and confirmation of 2022 date!

Special thanks go out to those who helped in any way and to Phil for putting the home-build cab session together single-handed AND at short notice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

Well, Gabs and I have just finished unloading all the stuff, putting everything back where it belongs and had a slump on the sofa with a cuppa.  It was another great day for us too!  Thanks to all of who attended, and we are looking forward to seeing the regulars who couldn't make it next time 😊  If everyone's agreeable, we're going for early October next year as it's between the holiday season and the winter bugs.  Watch this space for today's pic's and confirmation of 2022 date!

Special thanks go out to those who helped in any way and to Phil for putting the home-build cab session together single-handed AND at short notice.

Glad your still up[ for another bash next year, but please just try to avoid a clash of dates with the Stafford classic bike show which happens in October ....that's my other money pit (oh, I meant to say hobby).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mike and his family work so hard to bring this event to fruition.

Without them I would spend another day typing conversations with distant strangers here on Basschat. Instead I got to meet some of those people in real three dimensional life. I got to geek out about pedals with people who care about them like I do. I got to share stories, to sit and eat wonderful food with folk who felt like old friends within minutes of striking up a conversation. I got to try instruments I'd never seen or heard of, to show off a couple of mine and to compare the dimensions of two tiny amps with men who care as much as I do about such things.

This didn't happen by magic. It happened through hard work, an awful lot of time and dedication from @scrumpymike and his family.

You made my day, and I am truly grateful. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1