Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021

scrumpymike

2 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

I'm afraid some unavoidable family stuff has got in the way and I won't be able to get there.

But I will be at the next one! :)

Have a great one, folks.

Andy

You and your wonderful basses will be greatly missed Andy but the two you built for me will of course be there!

• Like 1

It's food shopping time and we need your help to get the numbers right.  Could you all please refer to the list on the last page and do ONE of the following:

confirm you're on the list and still coming;

confirm you're on the list but NOT coming (I already know about Andyjr1515, Bassbod, Triumph_Rock, MoJoKe, GrahamT and Chienmortbb);

tell me who you are if you're not listed but ARE coming.

Ta very much!

Edited by scrumpymike

1 hour ago, sbrag said:

Really sorry but I think I'm going to have to drop out too due to some family stuff has come up I can't get out of. Gutted as been looking forward to it.

Shame it would have been nice to catch up...I notice you still have your faithful yammy.

I'll be there!

Having a rummage for raffle goodies. Probably some parts from the spares box, a surplus tuner, and other bits.

1. Rich - Westone Thunder 1A (tarted about a bit), Sire V7 fiver, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - all basses strung with nickels, D'Adds on the Thunder and Elixirs on the Sire and ABG. Zoom 509 h'phone amp and cans.
    FOR SALE: Boss CE-5 chorus stomp
  2. wrinkleygit - Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, 112 cab with a lightweight head, possible new addition to the family. Bass strung with Labella flats
  3. scrumpymike - FOR SALE: Eden WT550 Traveler; Fender Rumble 800.  'Keepers': my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll; Sandberg Cali lV s-s; Mesa Subway TT-800; HandBox R-400; a pair of BF SC3 cabs; a Gillett Contour or two (or maybe even 3) - one of which will prolly be FS.
  4. Pea Turgh - My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats. My black bitsa (same strings). Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).
  5. Stevie - Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)
  6. yorks5stringer - Warwick Star Bass Proline (4 string), Status GP Artist (again 4 string), Marcus Miller Micro 101, 1972 Telecaster Bass (poss.), Shuker Course 5 String (poss.)
  7. stewblack - Trace Elliot Rig of Death. Ric inspired 'tributes' various amps and basses for sale unless they shift here first. A hernia (probably).
  8. basstone - For Sale refurbished Marshall DBS200 combo fitted with beyma 12" speaker. BC v3 cab with G&K MB500 amp. '78 Fender fretless jazz bass with rotosound nylon coated strings. Probably plus one other bass TBD
  9. Woodinblack - Ibanez EHB1505, Shuker Uberhorn, Chapman Stick, PositiveGrid Spark amp.
  10. olipaulo - Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs
  11. Richard Jinman - tbc
  12. Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Deathburger (sublime to the ridiculous) maybe another bass, GR AT212 slim and Bass Terror.
  13. Norm - I'll bring my '98 Stingray 4 (could be for sale/trade), Squier VM Jazz 5, Squier VM Precision 5, Trace Elliot v4 head & Barefaced Vintage 2x15, Roland Microbass & headphones, earplugs & my wallet, looking at what peeps are bringing with FS tags on!!!!
  14. Jimrs2k2 - all the normal stuff, some of which maybe for sale.
  15. PhilStarr - BC 112 Mk1, BC110T, BC Easybuild 12, maybe some other self build designs. Peavey MiniMax, Burny Thunderbird (Japanese Matsumoku copy
  16. JabbaTheGut - 27" short scale basses, short scale telebass, probably something else, TC amp and cab(s)
  17. Pinball - Amplification: GB 2x12 and streamliner, Burnes Marquee bass, G&L Fallout, Supro Huntington 1, Fender Jazz Bass Special/boxer, Peerless Jack Casady. (Revelation Dub King maybe)

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/08/2021 at 22:14, Jabba_the_gut said:

JabbaTheGut - 27" short scale basses, short scale telebass, probably something else, TC amp and cab(s)

Am I right in thinking this is the one that is partially made from my stairs? :lol: very much looking forward to seeing it.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Pinball said:
20 hours ago, sbrag said:

forward to it.

Shame it would have been nice to catch up...I notice you still have your faithful yammy

Thanks Eddie.  Hope you are keeping well, would have been good to catch up. Yes still have the yamaha (won't go anywhere as I've had it for nearly 30 years!) but the g&l gets the most use these days. Gutted to miss it. Have a good day all.

44 minutes ago, fordbass said:

Hi, not very active on here but just seen the event on Facebook show up, is this still on on Sunday, if so is there any requirements for turning up?

Many thanks in advance

Nothing special - just turn up with your £10 entrance fee (covers your food and drink all day) at Cheddon Fitzpaine Memorial Hall, Rowford, Cheddon Fitzpaine, Taunton TA2 8JY.  The hall is in a rural location with a large car-park - see start of this topic for a pic of the entrance gate and hall website link.  Feel free to bring any of your kit with you (or not) and call me on 07770 946135 if you need to.  The event runs from 10am to 4pm.  Hope to see you on Sunday - you'll be more than welcome!

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 1

COUNTDOWN NOTICE, WEDNESDAY 15TH

Here is Mrs. Scrumpy's menu to get the tastebuds going for Sunday.  As usual, much of the content is good for vegetarians and there will also be vegan content.  We think we remember who you are but, just in case, could our vegan friends and anyone else with special dietary requirement please make yourselves known to me - either on topic or via PM.

Mrs Scrumpys menu.docx

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

COUNTDOWN NOTICE, WEDNESDAY 15TH

Here is Mrs. Scrumpy's menu to get the tastebuds going for Sunday.  As usual, much of the content is good for vegetarians and there will also be vegan content.  We think we remember who you are but, just in case, could our vegan friends and anyone else with special dietary requirement please make yourselves known to me - either on topic or via PM.

Mrs Scrumpys menu.docx 105.47 kB · 1 download

Now I'm starving! 😜

• Haha 1