Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021

scrumpymike

3 minutes ago, stewblack said:

If I'm there let Mike know. I tried to pick the balding, bespectacled gentleman of a certain age and comfortable figure, which looks most like me but there was just too much choice

Should have gone for 35, clearly the silhouette of a gentleman of quality and distinction, ahem.

• Haha 1

I have permission to come along. It was required as it also my wedding anniversery.

I have been swapping and bases around lots since the last bash.

Will bring

Amplification: GB amp and 2x12

Short Scales: Reverend Dub King, Supro Huntington. I also have a USA Fallout but will probably leave that at home unless someone particularly wants me to bring it.

Long Scales: Peerless Jack Casady, Fender Boxer Jazz Special

and maybe a couple of surpises

Note: I could do with selling a few. Now worried which as they are all fab in my humble opinion

Is there space for me to bring these?

Edited by Pinball
  • Like 1

BASH NEWS - OFFICIAL T-SHIRT!!

OK guys, we've bitten the bullet and commissioned another Bass Bash T-shirt - incorporating the Basschat logo (thanks Ped!).  This time it's a more colourful design (that's not specific to this year's event) on a combat-green, 100%-cotton, good quality shirt.  To keep the price down to £15, we've had to order 70 shirts.  This means that me and Mrs. Scrumpy will have to fork out a big chunk of money for these in the next couple of weeks so could those who definitely want one please PLEASE get behind this by PM-ing me your order and paying in advance.  There will be enough shirts for anyone who's not sure to purchase on the day.  We've ordered in M, L, XL, 2XL and 3XL so just order what you normally wear and we'll measure/confirm the actual sizes when received.  Thanks in advance!

Bash yer BASS (002).jpg

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

BASH NEWS - OFFICIAL T-SHIRT!!

OK guys, we've bitten the bullet and commissioned another Bass Bash T-shirt - incorporating the Basschat logo (thanks Ped!).  This time it's a more colourful design (that's not specific to this year's event) on a combat-green, 100%-cotton, good quality shirt.  To keep the price down to £15, we've had to order 70 shirts.  This means that me and Mrs. Scrumpy will have to fork out a big chunk of money for these in the next couple of weeks so could those who definitely want one please PLEASE get behind this by PM-ing me your order and paying in advance.  There will be enough shirts for anyone who's not sure to purchase on the day.  We've ordered in M, L, XL, 2XL and 3XL so just order what you normally wear and we'll measure/confirm the actual sizes when received.  Thanks in advance!

Bash yer BASS (002).jpg

That is class

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. Frank Blank - Spirit Of The Bash, bike park
  2. Rich - Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. Korg Pandora (if I can find the feckin thing) and trusty Sennheiser cans
  3. wrinkleygit - Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, ‘72 Gibson EB0, SWR Working Mans 10 combo & 1x10 ext cab & a set of h’phones. Both basses strung with Labella flats
  4. scrumpymike - FOR SALE: Eden WT550 Traveler; Ashdown ABM 600 EVO IV.  'Keepers' also on display will be: my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll; Sandberg Cali lV s-s; Mesa Subway TT-800; a pair of BF SC3 cabs; a Gillett Contour or two (or maybe even 3) - one of which will prolly be FS.
  5. Pea Turgh - My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats. My black bitsa (same strings). Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).
  6. Stevie - Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)
  7. yorks5stringer - Warwick Star Bass Proline (4 string), Status GP Artist (again 4 string), Marcus Miller Micro 101, 1972 Telecaster Bass (poss.), Shuker Course 5 String (poss.)
  8. Andyjr1515 - Not yet sure what I will be bringing except my athletic physique and chiselled good looks (and if you believe that....  )
  9. stewblack - Trace Elliot Rig of Death. Ric inspired 'tributes' various amps and basses for sale unless they shift here first. A hernia (probably). 
  10. basstone - For Sale refurbished Marshall DBS200 combo fitted with beyma 12" speaker. BC v3 cab with G&K MB500 amp. '78 Fender fretless jazz bass with rotosound nylon coated strings. Probably plus one other bass TBD
  11. Woodinblack - Ibanez EHB1505, Shuker Uberhorn, Chapman Stick, PositiveGrid Spark amp
  12. Chienmortbb - BC112 speaker, Bugera Mosfet amp, Fender Aerodyne and/or Greg Bennett semi acoustic bass ( might sell if the offers are right). I may even bring my homebrew 500 watt amp designed in conjunction with Passinwind if finished.
  13. Cuzzie - tbc
  14. MoJoke - whatever demo gear is left over from the month before (Manchester Bass Show), so will definitely have my Casa rig, probably the new Vintage D2 head (which I am thinking of selling the Casa to buy...  it’s that good!), and I'll try and bring Markbass instruments and some packs of the new Markbass strings to give away
  15. olipaulo - Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs
  16. sbrag -- some or all of: Yamaha bb1100s, G&L JB Tribute (Tuned d std), Shergold Marathon, MTD CRB with tone styler preamp (Tuned D std), Tobias Toby Pro, Hohner B2A, Encore Fretless P with Roto tapewounds, Tanglewood Elf, Bugera Veyron T, Barefaced Super Twin T, Various pedals
  17. Triumph_Rock - Rickenbacker 4003S5, Sterling Stingray Sub4 HH, Ashdown Little Stubby Amp, Ashdown 15" Cab.
  18. Richard Jinman - tbc
  19. Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Deathburger (sublime to the ridiculous) maybe another bass and an amp.
  20. Norm - I'll bring my '98 Stingray 4 (could be for sale/trade), Squier VM Jazz 5, Squier VM Precision 5, Trace Elliot v4 head & Barefaced Vintage 2x15, Roland Microbass & headphones, earplugs & my wallet, looking at what peeps are bringing with FS tags on!!!!
  21. BreadBin - not sure what I'll be bringing, maybe my Taurus 4x10 plus rackmount Pre/Power setup. 
  22. Jimrs2k2 - all the normal stuff, some of which maybe for sale.
  23. PhilStarr - BC 112 Mk1, BC110T, BC Easybuild 12, maybe some other self build designs. Peavey MiniMax, Burny Thunderbird (Japanese Matsumoku copy)

List updated.

2. Rich - Westone Thunder 1A (tarted about a bit), Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickels, D'Adds on the Thunder and Elixirs on the ABG. Zoom 509 as a h'phone amp (still can't find the Pandora, I think Mrs.Rich has "tidied it away") and trusty Sennheiser cans
  3. wrinkleygit - Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, 112 cab with a lightweight head, possible new addition to the family. Bass strung with Labella flats
  4. scrumpymike - FOR SALE: Eden WT550 Traveler; Fender Rumble 800.  'Keepers': my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll; Sandberg Cali lV s-s; Mesa Subway TT-800; HandBox R-400; a pair of BF SC3 cabs; a Gillett Contour or two (or maybe even 3) - one of which will prolly be FS.
  5. Pea Turgh - My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats. My black bitsa (same strings). Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).
  6. Stevie - Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)
  7. yorks5stringer - Warwick Star Bass Proline (4 string), Status GP Artist (again 4 string), Marcus Miller Micro 101, 1972 Telecaster Bass (poss.), Shuker Course 5 String (poss.)
  8. Andyjr1515 - Not yet sure what I will be bringing except my athletic physique and chiselled good looks (and if you believe that....  )
  9. stewblack - Trace Elliot Rig of Death. Ric inspired 'tributes' various amps and basses for sale unless they shift here first. A hernia (probably). 
  10. basstone - For Sale refurbished Marshall DBS200 combo fitted with beyma 12" speaker. BC v3 cab with G&K MB500 amp. '78 Fender fretless jazz bass with rotosound nylon coated strings. Probably plus one other bass TBD
  11. Woodinblack - Ibanez EHB1505, Shuker Uberhorn, Chapman Stick, PositiveGrid Spark amp
  12. Chienmortbb - BC112 speaker, Bugera Mosfet amp, Fender Aerodyne and/or Greg Bennett semi acoustic bass ( might sell if the offers are right). I may even bring my homebrew 500 watt amp designed in conjunction with Passinwind if finished.
  13. Cuzzie - tbc
  14. MoJoke - whatever demo gear is left over from the month before (Manchester Bass Show), so will definitely have my Casa rig, probably the new Vintage D2 head (which I am thinking of selling the Casa to buy...  it’s that good!), and I'll try and bring Markbass instruments and some packs of the new Markbass strings to give away
  15. olipaulo - Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs
  16. sbrag -- some or all of: Yamaha bb1100s, G&L JB Tribute (Tuned d std), Shergold Marathon, MTD CRB with tone styler preamp (Tuned D std), Tobias Toby Pro, Hohner B2A, Encore Fretless P with Roto tapewounds, Tanglewood Elf, Bugera Veyron T, Barefaced Super Twin T, Various pedals
  17. Triumph_Rock - Rickenbacker 4003S5, Sterling Stingray Sub4 HH, Ashdown Little Stubby Amp, Ashdown 15" Cab.
  18. Richard Jinman - tbc
  19. Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Deathburger (sublime to the ridiculous) maybe another bass and an amp.
  20. Norm - I'll bring my '98 Stingray 4 (could be for sale/trade), Squier VM Jazz 5, Squier VM Precision 5, Trace Elliot v4 head & Barefaced Vintage 2x15, Roland Microbass & headphones, earplugs & my wallet, looking at what peeps are bringing with FS tags on!!!!
  21. BreadBin - not sure what I'll be bringing, maybe my Taurus 4x10 plus rackmount Pre/Power setup. 
  23. PhilStarr - BC 112 Mk1, BC110T, BC Easybuild 12, maybe some other self build designs. Peavey MiniMax, Burny Thunderbird (Japanese Matsumoku copy)
Edited by Rich

13 minutes ago, Rich said:
  2. Rich - Westone Thunder 1A (tarted about a bit), Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickels, D'Adds on the Thunder and Elixirs on the ABG. Zoom 509 as a h'phone amp (still can't find the Pandora, I think Mrs.Rich has "tidied it away") and trusty Sennheiser cans
  3. wrinkleygit - Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, 112 cab with a lightweight head, possible new addition to the family. Bass strung with Labella flats
  4. scrumpymike - FOR SALE: Eden WT550 Traveler; Fender Rumble 800.  'Keepers': my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll; Sandberg Cali lV s-s; Mesa Subway TT-800; HandBox R-400; a pair of BF SC3 cabs; a Gillett Contour or two (or maybe even 3) - one of which will prolly be FS.
  13. Cuzzie - tbc
  18. Richard Jinman - tbc

Now with my entry amended.

Edited by Rich

1. Frank Blank - Spirit Of The Bash, bike park

2. Rich - Westone Thunder 1A (tarted about a bit), Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickels, D'Adds on the Thunder and Elixirs on the ABG. Zoom 509 as a h'phone amp (still can't find the Pandora, I think Mrs.Rich has "tidied it away") and trusty Sennheiser cans

3. wrinkleygit - Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, 112 cab with a lightweight head, possible new addition to the family. Bass strung with Labella flats

4. scrumpymike - FOR SALE: Eden WT550 Traveler; Fender Rumble 800.  'Keepers': my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll; Sandberg Cali lV s-s; Mesa Subway TT-800; HandBox R-400; a pair of BF SC3 cabs; a Gillett Contour or two (or maybe even 3) - one of which will prolly be FS.

5. Pea Turgh - My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats. My black bitsa (same strings). Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).

6. Stevie - Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)

7. yorks5stringer - Warwick Star Bass Proline (4 string), Status GP Artist (again 4 string), Marcus Miller Micro 101, 1972 Telecaster Bass (poss.), Shuker Course 5 String (poss.)

8. Andyjr1515 - Not yet sure what I will be bringing except my athletic physique and chiselled good looks (and if you believe that....  )

10. basstone - For Sale refurbished Marshall DBS200 combo fitted with beyma 12" speaker. BC v3 cab with G&K MB500 amp. '78 Fender fretless jazz bass with rotosound nylon coated strings. Probably plus one other bass TBD

11. Woodinblack - Ibanez EHB1505, Shuker Uberhorn, Chapman Stick, PositiveGrid Spark amp.

12. Chienmortbb - BC112 speaker, Bugera Mosfet amp, Fender Aerodyne and/or Greg Bennett semi acoustic bass ( might sell if the offers are right). I may even bring my homebrew 500 watt amp designed in conjunction with Passinwind if finished.

13. Cuzzie - tbc

14. MoJoke - whatever demo gear is left over from the month before (Manchester Bass Show), so will definitely have my Casa rig, probably the new Vintage D2 head (which I am thinking of selling the Casa to buy...  it’s that good!), and I'll try and bring Markbass instruments and some packs of the new Markbass strings to give away

15. olipaulo - Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs

18. Richard Jinman - tbc

19. Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Deathburger (sublime to the ridiculous) maybe another bass, GR AT212 slim and Bass Terror.

20. Norm - I'll bring my '98 Stingray 4 (could be for sale/trade), Squier VM Jazz 5, Squier VM Precision 5, Trace Elliot v4 head & Barefaced Vintage 2x15, Roland Microbass & headphones, earplugs & my wallet, looking at what peeps are bringing with FS tags on!!!!

22. Jimrs2k2 - all the normal stuff, some of which maybe for sale.