Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021

scrumpymike

49 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Need to take myself off the list. I should still be attending but all my gear will (hopefully) be sold by then...

1. @Rich - Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. Korg Pandora (if I can find the feckin thing) and headphones.
  2. @wrinkleygit - Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, ‘72 Gibson EB0, SWR Working Mans 10 combo & 1x10 ext cab & a set of h’phones. Both basses strung with Labella flats
  3. @scrumpymike - Setting aside a bunch of FS stuff to give SW Bashers first shot and minimise packing and shipping work/costs. Unless cash flow dictates earlier sale, this will include: a couple of BF cabs (either SC Gen 3s or Two10s, to be decided); BF One10; Maruszczyk Elwood 30" scale; Spector Bantam if still unsold (already posted FS); Eden WT550 if still unsold (already posted FS); Ampeg PF800. 'Keepers' also on display will be: the other pair of BF cabs; my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll - provided I can decide what it's going to be in time for AndyJr to build it; my no 1 gig amp (Subway 800+); my old no 1 gig amp (Genzler Magellan 800). All of which will hopefully bring forward the day when Mrs Scrumpy can finally join her old man in retirement 😁
  4. @Pea Turgh - My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats. My black bitsa (same strings). Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).
  5. @stevie - Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)
  6. @yorks5stringer - Gretsch Electromatic, Markbass CMD101 Micro Marcus Miller.
  7. @Andyjr1515 - Not yet sure what I will be bringing except my athletic physique and chiselled good looks (and if you believe that....  )
  8. @stewblack - Trace Elliot Rig of Death. Ric inspired 'tributes' various amps and basses for sale unless they shift here first. A hernia (probably). 
  9. @basstone - For Sale refurbished Marshall DBS200 combo fitted with beyma 12" speaker. BC v3 cab with G&K MB500 amp. '78 Fender fretless jazz bass with rotosound nylon coated strings. Probably plus one other bass TBD
  10. @Woodinblack - Ibanez 5 string (not decided which), Chapman stick railboard, Chapman NS/Stick, Probably TC450, BC 112 Speaker. 
  11. @Chienmortbb - BC112 speaker, Bugera Mosfet amp, Fender Aerodyne and/or Greg Bennett semi acoustic bass ( might sell if the offers are right). I may even bring my homebrew 500 watt amp designed in conjunction with @Passinwind if finished.
  12. @Cuzzie - tbc
  13. @MoJoKe - whatever demo gear is left over from the month before (Manchester Bass Show), so will definitely have my Casa rig, probably the new Vintage D2 head (which I am thinking of selling the Casa to buy...  it’s that good!), and I'll try and bring Markbass instruments and some packs of the new Markbass strings to give away
  14. @olipaulo - Basses: Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Combos: Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs
  15. @sbrag - tbc
  16. @Triumph_Rock - tbc
  17. @Richard Jinman - tbc
  18. @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Deathburger (sublime to the ridiculous) maybe another bass and an amp.

My gear will be Rickenbacker 4003S5, Sterling Stingray Sub 4 HH, Ashdown Little Stubby amp, Ashdown 15 " cab.

48 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Need to take myself off the list. I should still be attending but all my gear will (hopefully) be sold by then...

Frank, the list is ALL the gear that each of us is bringing, whether or not FS.  You're not selling up completely (as in stopping playing) are you?

My listing is well out of date now.

I'll be bringing my Warwick Star Bass Proline (4 string) and my Status GP Artist ( again 4 string). Amp will be the Marcus Miller Micro 101. I might bring the 1972 Telecaster Bass and my Shuker Course 5 String for sh*ts and giggles too.

1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

1. @Rich - Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. Korg Pandora (if I can find the feckin thing) and headphones.
  2. @wrinkleygit - Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, ‘72 Gibson EB0, SWR Working Mans 10 combo & 1x10 ext cab & a set of h’phones. Both basses strung with Labella flats
  3. @scrumpymike - Setting aside a bunch of FS stuff to give SW Bashers first shot and minimise packing and shipping work/costs. Unless cash flow dictates earlier sale, this will include: a couple of BF cabs (either SC Gen 3s or Two10s, to be decided); BF One10; Maruszczyk Elwood 30" scale; Spector Bantam if still unsold (already posted FS); Eden WT550 if still unsold (already posted FS); Ampeg PF800. 'Keepers' also on display will be: the other pair of BF cabs; my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll - provided I can decide what it's going to be in time for AndyJr to build it; my no 1 gig amp (Subway 800+); my old no 1 gig amp (Genzler Magellan 800). All of which will hopefully bring forward the day when Mrs Scrumpy can finally join her old man in retirement 😁
  4. @Pea Turgh - My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats. My black bitsa (same strings). Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).
  5. @stevie - Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)
  6. @yorks5stringer - Gretsch Electromatic, Markbass CMD101 Micro Marcus Miller.
  7. @Andyjr1515 - Not yet sure what I will be bringing except my athletic physique and chiselled good looks (and if you believe that....  )
  8. @stewblack - Trace Elliot Rig of Death. Ric inspired 'tributes' various amps and basses for sale unless they shift here first. A hernia (probably). 
  9. @basstone - For Sale refurbished Marshall DBS200 combo fitted with beyma 12" speaker. BC v3 cab with G&K MB500 amp. '78 Fender fretless jazz bass with rotosound nylon coated strings. Probably plus one other bass TBD
  10. @Woodinblack - Ibanez 5 string (not decided which), Chapman stick railboard, Chapman NS/Stick, Probably TC450, BC 112 Speaker. 
  11. @Chienmortbb - BC112 speaker, Bugera Mosfet amp, Fender Aerodyne and/or Greg Bennett semi acoustic bass ( might sell if the offers are right). I may even bring my homebrew 500 watt amp designed in conjunction with @Passinwind if finished.
  12. @Cuzzie - tbc
  13. @MoJoKe - whatever demo gear is left over from the month before (Manchester Bass Show), so will definitely have my Casa rig, probably the new Vintage D2 head (which I am thinking of selling the Casa to buy...  it’s that good!), and I'll try and bring Markbass instruments and some packs of the new Markbass strings to give away
  14. @olipaulo - Basses: Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Combos: Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs
  15. @sbrag - tbc
  16. @Triumph_Rock - Rickenbacker 4003S5, Sterling Stingray Sub4 HH, Ashdown Little Stubby Amp, Ashdown 15" Cab.
  18. @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Deathburger (sublime to the ridiculous) maybe another bass and an amp.

Please cut and paste and add yourself and your gear to the list...

1. @Rich - a) Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. b} Korg Pandora (if I can find the feckin thing) and headphones. c) A desperate hope that @scrumpymike's Magellan amp isn't as good as I've heard, otherwise I will want to buy it with money I haven't got.
  3. @scrumpymike - Setting aside a bunch of FS stuff to give SW Bashers first shot and minimise packing and shipping work/costs. Unless cash flow dictates earlier sale, this will include: a couple of BF cabs (either SC Gen 3s or Two10s, to be decided); BF One10; Maruszczyk Elwood 30" scale; Spector Bantam if still unsold (already posted FS); Eden WT550 if still unsold (already posted FS); Ampeg PF800. 'Keepers' also on display will be: the other pair of BF cabs; my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll - provided I can decide what it's going to be in time for AndyJr to build it; my no 1 gig amp (Subway 800+); my old no 1 gig amp (Genzler Magellan 800). All of which will hopefully bring forward the day when Mrs Scrumpy can finally join her old man in retirement 😁
  6. @yorks5stringer - Warwick Star Bass Proline (4 string), Status GP Artist (again 4 string), Marcus Miller Micro 101, 1972 Telecaster Bass (poss.), Shuker Course 5 String (poss.)
  10. @Woodinblack - Ibanez EHB1505, Shuker Uberhorn, Chapman Stick, PositiveGrid Spark amp
  12. @Cuzzie - tbc
  15. @sbrag -- some or all of: Yamaha bb1100s, G&L JB Tribute (Tuned d std), Shergold Marathon, MTD CRB with tone styler preamp (Tuned D std), Tobias Toby Pro, Hohner B2A, Encore Fretless P with Roto tapewounds, Tanglewood Elf, Bugera Veyron T, Barefaced Super Twin T, Various pedals
  16. @Triumph_Rock - Rickenbacker 4003S5, Sterling Stingray Sub4 HH, Ashdown Little Stubby Amp, Ashdown 15" Cab.

Edited by Rich

1 minute ago, Frank Blank said:

I think at least five for six folks have missed this bit!

I suspect gear lists are not essential other than for whetting appetites, but the organisers will need an idea of numbers and going through 20 pages counting up the 'I'll come' posts and deducting the 'I'm not coming now' ones, after carefully checking to see if there are any a duplicates or cancels which weren't actually booked could be something of a Herculean task 🙂

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

1. @Rich - a) Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. b} Korg Pandora (if I can find the feckin thing) and headphones. c) A desperate hope that @scrumpymike's Magellan amp isn't as good as I've heard, otherwise I will want to buy it with money I haven't got.
  3. @scrumpymike - Setting aside a bunch of FS stuff to give SW Bashers first shot and minimise packing and shipping work/costs. Unless cash flow dictates earlier sale, this will include: a couple of BF cabs (either SC Gen 3s or Two10s, to be decided); BF One10; Maruszczyk Elwood 30" scale; Spector Bantam if still unsold (already posted FS); Eden WT550 if still unsold (already posted FS); Ampeg PF800. 'Keepers' also on display will be: the other pair of BF cabs; my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll - provided I can decide what it's going to be in time for AndyJr to build it; my no 1 gig amp (Subway 800+); my old no 1 gig amp (Genzler Magellan 800). All of which will hopefully bring forward the day when Mrs Scrumpy can finally join her old man in retirement 😁
  6. @yorks5stringer - Warwick Star Bass Proline (4 string), Status GP Artist (again 4 string), Marcus Miller Micro 101, 1972 Telecaster Bass (poss.), Shuker Course 5 String (poss.)
  10. @Woodinblack - Ibanez EHB1505, Shuker Uberhorn, Chapman Stick, PositiveGrid Spark amp
  12. @Cuzzie - tbc
  15. @sbrag -- some or all of: Yamaha bb1100s, G&L JB Tribute (Tuned d std), Shergold Marathon, MTD CRB with tone styler preamp (Tuned D std), Tobias Toby Pro, Hohner B2A, Encore Fretless P with Roto tapewounds, Tanglewood Elf, Bugera Veyron T, Barefaced Super Twin T, Various pedals

Edited by Rich

11 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

going through 20 pages counting up the 'I'll come' posts and deducting the 'I'm not coming now' ones, after carefully checking to see if there are any a duplicates or cancels which weren't actually booked could be something of a Herculean task 

Hercules looks in awe upon @scrumpymike and his scrumpettes 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, wrinkleygit said:

Hopefully be there, after all Frank will need something to play !!

Ah yes, what I didn't say is Jabba has finished a fretted bass for me and is about to build its fretless counterpart for me so I should have the fretted to play!

• Like 1

Sorry Frank, but you've got to be on the list. It doesn't look right otherwise.

1. @Rich - a) Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. b} Korg Pandora (if I can find the feckin thing) and headphones. c) A desperate hope that @scrumpymike's Magellan amp isn't as good as I've heard, otherwise I will want to buy it with money I haven't got.
  10. @Woodinblack - Ibanez EHB1505, Shuker Uberhorn, Chapman Stick, PositiveGrid Spark amp
  12. @Cuzzie - tbc
  14. @olipaulo - Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs
  19. @Frank Blank - Spirit Of The Bash, bike park
  • Haha 2

@Norm I'll bring my '98 Stingray 4 (could be for sale/trade), Squier VM Jazz 5, Squier VM Precision 5,

Trace Elliot v4 head & Barefaced Vintage 2x15, Roland Microbass & headphones, earplugs & my wallet, looking at what peeps are bringing with FS tags on!!!!

19 hours ago, Rich said:

1. @Rich - a) Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. b} Korg Pandora (if I can find the feckin thing) and headphones. c) A desperate hope that @scrumpymike's Magellan amp isn't as good as I've heard, otherwise I will want to buy it with money I haven't got.
  12. @Cuzzie - tbc
  14. @olipaulo - Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs
  20. @Norm I'll bring my '98 Stingray 4 (could be for sale/trade), Squier VM Jazz 5, Squier VM Precision 5,

Trace Elliot v4 head & Barefaced Vintage 2x15, Roland Microbass & headphones, earplugs & my wallet, looking at what peeps are bringing with FS tags on!!!!

Thanks to Rich and others for picking the listing up - time to get my entry up to date!

1. @Rich - Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. Korg Pandora (if I can find the feckin thing) and trusty Sennheiser cans
  3. @scrumpymike - FOR SALE: Eden WT550 Traveler; Ashdown ABM 600 EVO IV.  'Keepers' also on display will be: my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll; Sandberg Cali lV s-s; Mesa Subway TT-800; a pair of BF SC3 cabs; a Gillett Contour or two (or maybe even 3) - one of which will prolly be FS.
  12. @Cuzzie - tbc
  20. @Norm I'll bring my '98 Stingray 4 (could be for sale/trade), Squier VM Jazz 5, Squier VM Precision 5, Trace Elliot v4 head & Barefaced Vintage 2x15, Roland Microbass & headphones, earplugs & my wallet, looking at what peeps are bringing with FS tags on!!!!
  •  
Edited by Rich

20 hours ago, Rich said:

Rich, good news for you!  As you may already have seen from the updated entry in my last post, the Magellan's gone (along with lots of other stuff). 🙂

1. Frank Blank - Spirit Of The Bash, bike park
  2. Rich - Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. Korg Pandora (if I can find the feckin thing) and trusty Sennheiser cans
  3. wrinkleygit - Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, ‘72 Gibson EB0, SWR Working Mans 10 combo & 1x10 ext cab & a set of h’phones. Both basses strung with Labella flats
  4. scrumpymike - FOR SALE: Eden WT550 Traveler; Ashdown ABM 600 EVO IV.  'Keepers' also on display will be: my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll; Sandberg Cali lV s-s; Mesa Subway TT-800; a pair of BF SC3 cabs; a Gillett Contour or two (or maybe even 3) - one of which will prolly be FS.
  5. Pea Turgh - My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats. My black bitsa (same strings). Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).
  6. Stevie - Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)
  7. yorks5stringer - Warwick Star Bass Proline (4 string), Status GP Artist (again 4 string), Marcus Miller Micro 101, 1972 Telecaster Bass (poss.), Shuker Course 5 String (poss.)
  8. Andyjr1515 - Not yet sure what I will be bringing except my athletic physique and chiselled good looks (and if you believe that....  )
  9. stewblack - Trace Elliot Rig of Death. Ric inspired 'tributes' various amps and basses for sale unless they shift here first. A hernia (probably). 
  10. basstone - For Sale refurbished Marshall DBS200 combo fitted with beyma 12" speaker. BC v3 cab with G&K MB500 amp. '78 Fender fretless jazz bass with rotosound nylon coated strings. Probably plus one other bass TBD
  11. Woodinblack - Ibanez EHB1505, Shuker Uberhorn, Chapman Stick, PositiveGrid Spark amp
  12. Chienmortbb - BC112 speaker, Bugera Mosfet amp, Fender Aerodyne and/or Greg Bennett semi acoustic bass ( might sell if the offers are right). I may even bring my homebrew 500 watt amp designed in conjunction with Passinwind if finished.
  13. Cuzzie - tbc
  14. MoJoke - whatever demo gear is left over from the month before (Manchester Bass Show), so will definitely have my Casa rig, probably the new Vintage D2 head (which I am thinking of selling the Casa to buy...  it’s that good!), and I'll try and bring Markbass instruments and some packs of the new Markbass strings to give away
  15. olipaulo - Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs
  16. sbrag -- some or all of: Yamaha bb1100s, G&L JB Tribute (Tuned d std), Shergold Marathon, MTD CRB with tone styler preamp (Tuned D std), Tobias Toby Pro, Hohner B2A, Encore Fretless P with Roto tapewounds, Tanglewood Elf, Bugera Veyron T, Barefaced Super Twin T, Various pedals
  17. Triumph_Rock - Rickenbacker 4003S5, Sterling Stingray Sub4 HH, Ashdown Little Stubby Amp, Ashdown 15" Cab.
  18. Richard Jinman - tbc
  19. Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Deathburger (sublime to the ridiculous) maybe another bass and an amp.
  20. Norm - I'll bring my '98 Stingray 4 (could be for sale/trade), Squier VM Jazz 5, Squier VM Precision 5, Trace Elliot v4 head & Barefaced Vintage 2x15, Roland Microbass & headphones, earplugs & my wallet, looking at what peeps are bringing with FS tags on!!!!
  21. BreadBin - not sure what I'll be bringing, maybe my Taurus 4x10 plus rackmount Pre/Power setup. 
  22. Jimrs2k2 - all the normal stuff, some of which maybe for sale.
Edited by Rich