Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021

scrumpymike

I am in total awe of anyone who can get a tune out of a Stick. Nick Beggs makes my jaw hit the floor. He's one of those people who is so talented, you really want to be able to say something negative just to make you feel less crap -- "yeah he's good, but have you met him? bloke's a complete tosser" -- but the trouble is you can't, because he's a really lovely guy too. Huge talent and nice with it. I hate him :lol: 

Edited by Rich
  • Haha 1

Attendance & Gear List:

1. @Frank Blank‘s Partially Acoustic Corner - Godin A4, Rob Allen Mouse, ACG Harlot SC, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, Helix Stomp, HX Edit.

2. @Rich's Garden Of Delights - Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4, EBS Neo 2x12 & probable new amp (tbc) - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. Possibly some FS stuff, details tbc once it hits the paid Marketplace.

3. @wrinkleygit, Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, ‘72 Gibson EB0, SWR Working Mans 10 combo & 1x10 ext cab & a set of h’phones. Both basses strung with Labella flats

4. @scrumpymike  Setting aside a bunch of FS stuff to give SW Bashers first shot and minimise packing and shipping work/costs.  Unless cash flow dictates earlier sale, this will include:  a couple of BF cabs (either SC Gen 3s or Two10s, to be decided); BF One10; Maruszczyk Elwood 30" scale; Spector Bantam if still unsold (already posted FS); Eden WT550 if still unsold (already posted FS); Ampeg PF800.  'Keepers' also on display will be: the other pair of BF cabs; my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll - provided I can decide what it's going to be in time for AndyJr to build it; my no 1 gig amp (Subway 800+); my old no 1 gig amp (Genzler Magellan 800).  All of which will hopefully bring forward the day when Mrs Scrumpy can finally join her old man in retirement 😁

5. @Pea Turgh My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats.  My black bitsa (same strings).  Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).

6. @stevie Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)

I'd like to attend as well if that's alright.  I could bring a bit of gear such as my GK Legacy 800, MXR M303 Clone Looper pedal, Warwick Streamer Chrome Tone LX5, and a second Warwick Streamer Masterbuilt (if it's ready by then... it will be an LX4 with Ebony fretboard, Wenge neck, jumbo bronze frets and a brass nut).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tvickey said:

I'd like to attend as well if that's alright.  I could bring a bit of gear such as my GK Legacy 800, MXR M303 Clone Looper pedal, Warwick Streamer Chrome Tone LX5, and a second Warwick Streamer Masterbuilt (if it's ready by then... it will be an LX4 with Ebony fretboard, Wenge neck, jumbo bronze frets and a brass nut).

You may well take the record for the longest distance travelled to the Bash as well!

• Thanks 1

On 30/11/2019 at 02:04, Frank Blank said:

Attendance & Gear List:

1. @Frank Blank‘s Partially Acoustic Corner - Godin A4, Rob Allen Mouse, ACG Harlot SC, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, Helix Stomp, HX Edit.

2. @Rich's Garden Of Delights - Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4, EBS Neo 2x12 & probable new amp (tbc) - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. Possibly some FS stuff, details tbc once it hits the paid Marketplace.

3. @wrinkleygit, Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, ‘72 Gibson EB0, SWR Working Mans 10 combo & 1x10 ext cab & a set of h’phones. Both basses strung with Labella flats

4. @scrumpymike  Setting aside a bunch of FS stuff to give SW Bashers first shot and minimise packing and shipping work/costs.  Unless cash flow dictates earlier sale, this will include:  a couple of BF cabs (either SC Gen 3s or Two10s, to be decided); BF One10; Maruszczyk Elwood 30" scale; Spector Bantam if still unsold (already posted FS); Eden WT550 if still unsold (already posted FS); Ampeg PF800.  'Keepers' also on display will be: the other pair of BF cabs; my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll - provided I can decide what it's going to be in time for AndyJr to build it; my no 1 gig amp (Subway 800+); my old no 1 gig amp (Genzler Magellan 800).  All of which will hopefully bring forward the day when Mrs Scrumpy can finally join her old man in retirement 😁

5. @Pea Turgh My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats.  My black bitsa (same strings).  Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).

6. @stevie Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)

7.@yorks5stringer, Gretsch Electromatic, Markbass CMD101 Micro Marcus Miller

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Date finally on the calendar!

Haven't purchased/traded anything (yet) since last bash, although cunning plans are being formulated. 

Will bring cans & boss microbass combo again as that was invaluable later on in the day when it all got a bit slappidty clankedy thumpedy boom 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Attendance & Gear List:

7.   @yorks5stringer   Gretsch Electromatic, Markbass CMD101 Micro Marcus Miller

8.  @Andyjr1515  Not yet sure what I will be bringing except my athletic physique and chiselled good looks (and if you believe that.... ;)  )

• Haha 1

ok so im def coming!

rig wise i can bring the whole setup....doubt my new cabinet will be ready but if it is ill bring it, but just wondering if anyone would be interested in my bringing my headphone/inears set up? would mean my rig making alot less noise! and probs means people can have a better play on my gear/pedals

Andy

gear will be my big board.....duh and my orange amps, Ob1-500 and a rockerverb mk3

• Like 1

Attendance & Gear List:

2. @Rich's Garden Of Delights - Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4, EBS Neo 2x12 & probable new amp (tbc) - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. Possibly some FS stuff, details tbc once it hits the paid Marketplace.

3. @wrinkleygit, Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, ‘72 Gibson EB0, SWR Working Mans 10 combo & 1x10 ext cab & a set of h’phones. Both basses strung with Labella flats

4. @scrumpymike Setting aside a bunch of FS stuff to give SW Bashers first shot and minimise packing and shipping work/costs. Unless cash flow dictates earlier sale, this will include: a couple of BF cabs (either SC Gen 3s or Two10s, to be decided); BF One10; Maruszczyk Elwood 30" scale; Spector Bantam if still unsold (already posted FS); Eden WT550 if still unsold (already posted FS); Ampeg PF800. 'Keepers' also on display will be: the other pair of BF cabs; my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll - provided I can decide what it's going to be in time for AndyJr to build it; my no 1 gig amp (Subway 800+); my old no 1 gig amp (Genzler Magellan 800). All of which will hopefully bring forward the day when Mrs Scrumpy can finally join her old man in retirement 😁

5. @Pea Turgh My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats. My black bitsa (same strings). Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).

6. @stevie Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)

7. @yorks5stringer Gretsch Electromatic, Markbass CMD101 Micro Marcus Miller

8. @Andyjr1515 Not yet sure what I will be bringing except my athletic physique and chiselled good looks (and if you believe that.... ;) )

9.@stewblack Trace Elliot Rig of Death. Ric inspired 'tributes' various amps and basses for sale unless they shift here first. A hernia (probably).