Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021

scrumpymike

On 13/03/2020 at 17:30, Chienmortbb said:

If I ... were in need of a respirator as was an otherwise fit 22 year old and only one was available, guess who would not get it... moi.

Both me and Mrs Scrumpy are in the high-risk group and hearing that there are only 5000 ventilators in the UK was the game-changer for us!  Based on the government's assertion that a fifth of all infected citizens will be high-risk, the supply of ventilators will run out around the time when the virus claims 25000 victims - and that won't take long.  SO... we are now in partial - working towards full - self-isolation - SEE MY NEXT POST!

POSTPONEMENT CONFIRMATION

With much regret - but no hesitation - I hereby confirm that the 2020 Big Fat South-West Bass Bash is postponed until (hopefully) later this year.

I will talk to our hall manager today to establish the position re fees already paid and try to book a provisional date for Autumn.  Thanks to all who have offered financial support, but I am hopeful that neither us Scrumpies nor you very fine and generous people will lose out.

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Mike & Gabs

• Thanks 10

4 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

With much regret - but no hesitation - I hereby confirm that the 2020 Big Fat South-West Bass Bash is postponed until (hopefully) later this year.

I will talk to our hall manager today to establish the position re fees already paid and try to book a provisional date for Autumn.  Thanks to all who have offered financial support, but I am hopeful that neither us Scrumpies nor you very fine and generous people will lose out.

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Mike & Gabs

Thank you Mike for all your work on this and making the only decision possible. Looking forward to resuming on the other side of this, meantime everyone stay safe. Good opportunity to polish up the bass chops and learn some new parts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

WATCH THIS SPACE!

Mike & Gabs

Good call.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

@scrumpymike don’t be out of pocket with the cancelling of the hall, let us know if that’s even a possibility and I’m sure I can speak for others by saying we can chip in and cover it.

Indeed - BC will cover it no worries. Let me know :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ted Theodore Logan, III said:

The ever philanthropic, Ped!

I really wouldn't be surprised if @pedwas in fact moonlighting as Bruce Wayne, moonlighting as Batman, moonlighting as..... :secret:

Screenshot_20200318-163354.png.ded7f1aec159a1bf624d1793ca7edd22.png

Shouldn't that be 'pedanthropic'?  Phil's his brother 🙂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

BREAKING NEWS:  BASH RESCHEDULED 🎸

I am pleased to report that the new date for this year's Big Fat South-West Bass Bash is

Sunday 11th October

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!! 😎

In my calendar!! Thanks Mike!! And stay safe everyone!