Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021

scrumpymike

Yo!  I'm hoping to be there too...  Life has been stupidly busy so quite hard to plan...

I'll bring whatever demo gear is left over from the month before (Manchester Bass Show), so will definitely have my Casa rig, probably the new Vintage D2 head (which I am thinking of selling the Casa to buy...  its that good!), and I'll try and bring Markbass instruments and some packs of the new Markbass strings to give away...

• Like 2

For anyone wondering whether they should bother, I'd just say that this is a very friendly and good-humoured get-together, extremely well organised, with a wide range of interesting gear on show, and some fabulous, home-cooked food.

Don't hesitate!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

How do I manage to keep missing these posts up until just some weeks left to the meeting?! Glad I always book it in the calendar 1 year in advance!! 😃

I'll be there of course (Corona allowing for it)! @scrumpymike can I please have the payment details?

I'll bring:

Basses: Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel

Combos Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). And yeah, I'm fighting the combo addiction...

Helix LT & IEMs

See you all there!

Edited by olipaulo

CORONAVIRUS

Just thought I'd better open up a 'C' debate re the Bash.  Clearly we are all desperately keen to have one (Bash not virus) on April 5th but my current feeling is that postponement may be the sensible option.  What do you all think??  In any event, I'll have to make a final decision by the end of next week latest and post accordingly.  As you will realise, we'll have to avoid a situation where we decide to go ahead but nobody turns up!!

I think by the end of next week it will be apparent how things are going and the answer will be more obvious. If we are truly only 2 weeks behind Italy, then it seems unlikely it will be able to continue, but if for some reason we aren't - who knows.

Goes without saying that I am perfectly happy to help with any loss that might happen

Edited by Woodinblack
  • Like 1

There are many factors as to why we may or may not behave like Italy, and I get the point about future gazing, but even before lockdowns, isolation etc.

The question has to be asked, what can be done to minimise any form of spread when there is not an essential event. Point in case, the idiocy of Cheltenham races either going ahead or being attended

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

I am out of the loop entirely as I never watch, read or listen to the news. Just asked my landlady about it and she heard its only people at specific risk need worry. 

There are people more at risk than others but those not at risk potentially become ‘super spreaders’ as in they don’t feel I’ll still all or only have very mild symptoms so carry on behaving as normal thus spreading the virus about.