Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021

scrumpymike

Hi everybody!  Just realised that we're now nearer to the next Bash than the last one - less than 6 months to go and counting.  The date for your diaries is:

Sunday 5th April, 2020   NEW DATE: Sunday 6th June 19th September 2021!!

Watch this space for details and have a great Christmas and New Year in the meantime!

group-2-1.jpg

Pictured above: the motley crew that attended in 2019

NOW RE-SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY 11TH OCTOBER AT THE USUAL VENUE:  NEW DATE:

Sunday 6th June 19th September 2021!!

The Memorial Hall, Cheddon Fitzpaine, Rowford, TAUNTON, TA2 8JY

https://www.cheddonfitzpainevillagehall.co.uk/

(The picture below shows the entrance to the hall driveway but the old lodge is a private house)

IMG-5126.jpg

Edited by scrumpymike
thread title edited with correct date
  • Like 5

On 18/10/2019 at 20:34, wrinkleygit said:

If I had a calendar it would be on it.

Frank, check out Tiffins all you can eat curry house, only a couple of miles from the venue 🥵🥵🥵

See, now, all you can eat isn’t good for me because I trough it in until I am incapable.   @scrumpymike did recommend a good curry house last time but unfortunately just post curry. Having said that I was still, shall we say curry-bound at the last SWBash which rendered me unable to fully enjoy the Scrumpettes feast, maybe a glass of water with a slice of lemon the night before and then I can eat my own weight at the Bash. 

Edited by Frank Blank

18 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

Might bring cans this time too so I can actually hear the lovely selection of basses that everyone brings.

Can also be used as ear-defenders in between playing 😄  Actually I'm told by those who have also attended other bashes that ours is relatively good re 'unwanted ambient noise'.  Nevertheless I promise to enforce our noise rules to the best of my ability!

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/10/2019 at 13:58, scrumpymike said:

Can also be used as ear-defenders in between playing 😄  Actually I'm told by those who have also attended other bashes that ours is relatively good re 'unwanted ambient noise'.  Nevertheless I promise to enforce our noise rules to the best of my ability!

I’m not complaining - it’s the nature of the beast.  I’m just a sensitive flower 😂

Another idea - as well as stating what basses we’re bringing, what about also stating string type fitted - an easier (and cheaper) way to discover if there are better strings out there to match your fingers?!

4 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

I’m not complaining - it’s the nature of the beast.  I’m just a sensitive flower 😂

Another idea - as well as stating what basses we’re bringing, what about also stating string type fitted - an easier (and cheaper) way to discover if there are better strings out there to match your fingers?!

Great idea about the strings!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

If told to bring some 'head-gear' to the next Bash, it could be mis-interpreted...😉

Sorry but all 'head gear' applied orally, nasally, intravenously or anally is verboten 😀  Don't worry though, Mrs Scrumpy's cheese scones will take you places you've never been before!

• Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 23:17, Frank Blank said:

It appears not, shall I kick it off..?

Attendance & Gear List:

1. @Frank Blank’s Acoustic Corner - Godin A4, Rob Allen Mouse, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, Helix Stomp, HX Edit.

You know the drill.

Attendance & Gear List:

1. @Frank Blank’s Acoustic Corner - Godin A4, Rob Allen Mouse, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, Helix Stomp, HX Edit.

2. @Rich's Garden Of Delights - Shuker custom 5, Tanglewood acoustic 4, EBS Neo 2x12 & probable new amp (tbc) - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs. Possibly some FS stuff, details tbc once it hits the paid Marketplace.

This is a drill.

drill.jpg.f69cf960e8f073cdea440031a26a1e97.jpg

Edited by Rich
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rich said:

Attendance & Gear List:

2. @Rich's Garden Of Delights - Shuker J5 (tbc), Tanglewood acoustic 4 (tbc), EBS Neo 2x12 & possibly new amp (tbc) - both basses strung with nickel Elixirs.

3.@wrinkleygit, Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, ‘72 Gibson EB0, SWR Working Mans 10 combo & 1x10 ext cab & a set of h’phones. Both basses strung with Labella flats

This is a drill.

drill.jpg.f69cf960e8f073cdea440031a26a1e97.jpg

Hopefully that’s filled out ok