Why become a member? ×

Squier Jazz bass in white price drop £150
£200
Cannock, staffs

jamiesonk666

On 11/10/2019 at 19:50, jamiesonk666 said:

It also has white nobs and a girly mute thingy on the neck. Looks cool. When I have an up to date pic I’ll upload.

I have no idea of country of origin. I haven’t really paid too much attention to what series it's from. It sounds good, looks   Cool and it’s cheap.

i bought this as a standby bass and had it set up a while back. Only selling to put towards another bass.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jamiesonk666 said:

I have no idea of country of origin. I haven’t really paid too much attention to what series it's from. It sounds good, looks   Cool and it’s cheap.

i bought this as a standby bass and had it set up a while back. Only selling to put towards another bass.

The writing on the back of the headstock reveals this info 👍

It also has white nobs and a girly mute thingy on the neck. Looks cool. When I have an up to date pic I’ll upload.

2969AD49-0B61-422F-812F-BEE719BBB6E3.jpeg

4 minutes ago, jamiesonk666 said:

2969AD49-0B61-422F-812F-BEE719BBB6E3.jpeg

Where is the ‘girly mute thing’ to which you refer?

"I have no idea of country of origin. I haven’t really paid too much attention to what series it's from. It sounds good,  looks Cool and it’s cheap"

that has to be the best and well put answer to details that are all too often worried about. i really want to rant but i have said my bit so in the flavour of the seller thats all you get. ha!!

glwts a lot of bass for the money. cant see where you can go wrong. 

Edited by adledman
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hutton said:

I'm pretty sure this is a Vintage Modified 70s Jazz by Squier made in Indonesia that has had the knobs replaced. Nice bass and a great buy for £150

I think you’re right, and having a VM Jazz and being knocked out by how good it is this is a seriously good bargain.

• Thanks 2

Its Indonesian, and a VM 😃It sounds good, looks   Cool and it’s cheap.

It makes me sad to say this, but it seems jamiesonk666 is a total time waster! I pm'd him on the 29th of October to see if Bobo_08 had been back in touch, as this thread looked like it was at a stalemate, and I fancied a Jazz Bass myself. He responded to my initial pm saying that Bobo hadn't replied, I then asked about buying the bass myself and the possibility of postage, I even offered to cover postage costs. He has since gone silent and has totally ignored my other messages, even though he has visited the forum after I'd sent them. Yeah, at the end of the day, it's his Bass and he can sell it to whoever he wants too. But IMHO it's just plain shyte forum etiquette to just cut a buyer dead when they're trying to negotiate a possible purchase of something a seller obviously no longer wants.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, pst62 said:

It makes me sad to say this, but it seems jamiesonk666 is a total time waster! I pm'd him on the 29th of October to see if Bobo_08 had been back in touch, as this thread looked like it was at a stalemate, and I fancied a Jazz Bass myself. He responded to my initial pm saying that Bobo hadn't replied, I then asked about buying the bass myself and the possibility of postage, I even offered to cover postage costs. He has since gone silent and has totally ignored my other messages, even though he has visited the forum after I'd sent them. Yeah, at the end of the day, it's his Bass and he can sell it to whoever he wants too. But IMHO it's just plain shyte forum etiquette to just cut a buyer dead when they're trying to negotiate a possible purchase of something a seller obviously no longer wants.

I agree with everything you say. The 'for sale'  forum unfortunately is not quite the same place that it used to be.

• Like 2

In my own defense, I missed the last notification for this thread, and have been snowed under with my own work and family situation. So apologies on my part.

As for Jamiesonk66 I cannot comment, however I have just this evening noticed in some other sale threads people have been posting that they have PM's folk and not has a response, so perhaps there is a problem with PM's or the notifications etc. 

Bare in mind there are a Myriad of reasons why someone might not have responded, including technological reasons as I mentioned, but also work, family and personal reasons,  but I can understand it can be frustrating and disappointing

Best Regards

42 minutes ago, Bobo_08 said:

So apologies on my part.

perhaps there is a problem with PM's or the notifications etc. 

Bare in mind there are a Myriad of reasons why someone might not have responded, including technological reasons as I mentioned, but also work, family and personal reasons,  but I can understand it can be frustrating and disappointing

Bobo, You have nothing to be apologising for mate.

I can't see that there's been any notification problems, as I've been receiving mine as normal.and there's nothing in the Site Issues section suggesting anyone else haven't been receiving theirs.

A for the personal scenarios you point out in your post, I did consider that, until I'd seen that he'd been back on the forum after I'd sent him a further three pm's. Hence I waited six days just to be certain that I was being ignored before mentioning this whole farce.