Why become a member? ×

Double Neck Warwick

Drax

3 hours ago, jbastienmusic said:

If it was left handed I would say it could be stored at my house!!! That thing is a beast!! That must have come from the custom shop i would assume.

The first double-neck Warwick (only?) I ever saw was at the Bass Centre thirty-odd years ago. I think it was ex-Colin Hodgkinson and so obviously left-handed. And maybe it was a Wal. Hmm, no fairly sure it was a Warwick.

Edited by visog

33 minutes ago, visog said:

The first double-neck Warwick (only?) I ever saw was at the Bass Centre thirty-odd years ago. I think it was ex-Colin Hodgkinson and so obviously left-handed. And maybe it was a Wal. Hmm, no fairly sure it was a Warwick.

Oh geez. Well if I could find a lefty version I think it would be a cool bass to own for sure 😃

Edited by jbastienmusic

10 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

I played a lefty Thumb doubleneck once, and I've never laid hands on any instrument heavier than that. Just crazy! Really cool though. It had a fretted 6-string neck and a fretless 5-string neck, both strung reverse. 

http://www.leftybass.com/h_h_thumb.jpg

Nice!! I can imagine that would weigh a good 10-15lbs. I need to get me a Warwick. I can get the Corvette Basic left handed in a 5 string fretless. I'd like to get the 6 but fretless isn't an option on the 6 for lefties.

Reminds me of that weird guy who was playing a four necked bass at the LBGS last year. He was going round every booth and playing it at max volume, not sure what he was trying to achieve. He nearly scalped me when I said I thought it was a Warwick, I told him to calm down. Odd. 

On 11/10/2019 at 12:26, jbastienmusic said:

If it was left handed I would say it could be stored at my house!!! That thing is a beast!! That must have come from the custom shop i would assume.

back when that was made (pre 1989 I think) they didn't have a custom shop... everything was a bit custom shop... 

On 12/10/2019 at 11:21, jbastienmusic said:

Nice!! I can imagine that would weigh a good 10-15lbs. I need to get me a Warwick. I can get the Corvette Basic left handed in a 5 string fretless. I'd like to get the 6 but fretless isn't an option on the 6 for lefties.

I imagine it’ll weigh a lot more than that, given an average Thumb 4 weighs approx 10lbs. The wise thing to do would play it sitting down. The more difficult part would likely be carrying it to and from gigs.I love the idea of double-necks, but I’m a big prog head so I would.😉

I could actually do with a twin neck for one of our songs as I play both 12 string guitar and bass on the recording and it would simplify playing it live. I play sat down anyway so the weight shouldn’t be an issue. 

Edited by 4000

• 2 weeks later...