Why become a member? ×

NCD Barefaced Four10

Deedee

This arrived this morning. 😁

I'm a self-confessed fan of BF gear after having several of their 2x12 models over recent years, but wanted to have something a little more old skool sounding this time around. Went for the painted finish as used on the 12" speaker models. The finish is superb and it sounds great (I certainly managed to get a few things rattling around the house earlier).

Very pleased and look forward to gigging with it when the time comes.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

• Like 10

My, that's a tasty rig! Congrats! And of course you've now got me delving (aka gassing!) into this particular cab - 😂

Spec looks awesome - does this thing really have usable frequency range that goes down to 25Hz?! If so, I can forget about ever needing a sub-woofer!

And there's reference to either 8ohm or 2ohm, are these both available on the same model?

24 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

My, that's a tasty rig! Congrats! And of course you've now got me delving (aka gassing!) into this particular cab - 😂

Spec looks awesome - does this thing really have usable frequency range that goes down to 25Hz?! If so, I can forget about ever needing a sub-woofer!

And there's reference to either 8ohm or 2ohm, are these both available on the same model?

The spec listed on the older BF page says 25Hz - 6kHz. However the newer BF page lists it as 30Hz - 6kHz.

With regard to impedence, the only option on the page when you order is 8ohm. I'm not sure if 2ohms is still an option on request (the back plate still shows 2 and 8 with the 2 blacked out).

Edited by Deedee
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RigorMortens said:

Great looking rig. Lots of power and tone in that.

I have the smaller version myself 🙂

Very nice. The head's the same as yours at least. Mine's just mounted in a 3U case with a separate TE black light beneath it to replicate the 350 etc.

Although by the weekend I'll have hopefully added to my TE family. 😉

The frequency range sounds optimistic, chaps. I have a One10 and think it’s great, but if you seriously think you’re getting significant output at 25 Hz or 30 Hz from even a Four10, I think you’re being unrealistic. That spec range is possibly the F10 for the cabinet, maybe, Alex does not say on the website.

Nor would you actually want a lot of that output at that range. It’s very messy indeed in the real world. You end up needing to HPF a lot of that out. 

I would say output from 50-60Hz on up is important. The critical B string 1st harmonic is 60Hz, the critical E string 1st harmonic is 80Hz. Amplify those well (which these cabs do) and you will sound like a proper bass. 

1 hour ago, funkle said:

The frequency range sounds optimistic, chaps. I have a One10 and think it’s great, but if you seriously think you’re getting significant output at 25 Hz or 30 Hz from even a Four10, I think you’re being unrealistic. That spec range is possibly the F10 for the cabinet, maybe, Alex does not say on the website.

Claims of what it will or won't do in the specs are pretty irrelevant to me. I bought it because they sound great, not because of the specified frequency range. All I needed to know was that it would comfortably handle everything I would ever throw at it - and it will, plus far, far more.

Edited by Deedee
typo
  • Like 1

It's a great cab, I like BF.

I'm just warning @Al Krow to be careful about how much stock he puts into manufacturers claims. Yes, even BF. A cab with significant output at 30Hz would either be huge, or suffer severely reduced efficiency in the rest of the frequency spectrum, in general, depending on number and type of drivers.

Acme B1/B2/B4 cabs, for example, do have reasonable output at 30Hz, and suffer hugely from reduced efficency as a result. I think they sound great. But you have to carry twice the amount of drivers compared to other manufacturers to get a similar volume because of that huuuge extended low end. And then often you have to HPF that low end out in real world spaces....

• Like 2