Why become a member? ×

How to EQ a Markbass Micromark 801?

Hofimbass

Hi guys, 

I'm not really into this kind of topics so sorry if it's a silly question..

I've got a Markbas Micromark 801 and it only has a VPF filter. I would need a basic EQ because I don't like this VPF thing.. so like just a classic 3 or 4 band eq. Is it possible to do it somehow? With a preamp or I thought about an amp head (eich t300, ec bam200 or something similar) and use the micromark basically as a speaker? 

I use this amp with double bass for some low volume jazz gigs where i play half acoustic.

Thanks

I sometimes put a Boss GEB-7 graphic equaliser pedal in front of mine to get a bit more control. A Behringer BEQ700 would be a really cheap way to give it a try and see whether that gives you what you need.

On 09/10/2019 at 11:35, Hofimbass said:

Hi guys, 

I'm not really into this kind of topics so sorry if it's a silly question..

I've got a Markbas Micromark 801 and it only has a VPF filter. I would need a basic EQ because I don't like this VPF thing.. so like just a classic 3 or 4 band eq. Is it possible to do it somehow? With a preamp or I thought about an amp head (eich t300, ec bam200 or something similar) and use the micromark basically as a speaker? 

I use this amp with double bass for some low volume jazz gigs where i play half acoustic.

Thanks

Whilst not directly answering your question, I've had an 801, an 802 and currently a MM 101 which I use for small gigs and rehearsing all with electric bass. I felt the 802 was best suited to double bass due to its voicing and additional power and struggled with the 801 in a noisy pub at open mic type sessions. Although the 101 has the same amp as the 801, the larger speaker seems to help and it has conventional EQ too.