Why become a member? ×

Aerodyne Precision

Maude

42 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Try it if you can. I've had a couple.

Good in many ways, but;

no forearm contour thing, 

both had pick ups that seemed weak to me

I have heard that before but the stock pups  in mine are fine. My jazz is one of the really early ones without a pickguard or the Jazz  type control panel. It also has the higher mass bridge that was changed at some point in production. 

He's declined my offer as he's got an old mate looking at it next week and has given him first refusal. I've said I'm happy to give him £600 if his mate doesn't want it so we'll just have to wait and see now. 

9 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

I have heard that before but the stock pups  in mine are fine. My jazz is one of the really early ones without a pickguard or the Jazz  type control panel. It also has the higher mass bridge that was changed at some point in production. 

I think that's one of the later export models actually.  It's the only one listed on the Fender website.

Edited by Misowaki

On 08/10/2019 at 23:24, Ricky 4000 said:

Personally, I'd far prefer the Aerodyne Jazz due to the Jazz neck. There's a trader in Taunton whom always seems to have them in funky JDM colours... 😍

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FENDER-JAPAN-2010-DOMESTIC-OLD-CANDY-APPLE-RED-FINISH-AERODYNE-JAZZ-BASS-MIJ/202792923036?hash=item2f37666f9c:g:WPwAAOSwm8Zdl3nH

He's popped up with some lefties but I don't like his pricing sadly, almost 900 seems too much to me. 

2 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

He's popped up with some lefties but I don't like his pricing sadly, almost 900 seems too much to me. 

They were just short of £1000 rrp here. I got mine via a personal  import from Japan. Cost just under £500 inc insurance and shipping. Add £70 import duty and Igot a bargain. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chienmortbb said:

They were just short of £1000 rrp here. I got mine via a personal  import from Japan. Cost just under £500 inc insurance and shipping. Add £70 import duty and Igot a bargain. 

Exactly. And he was selling used ones for 900 quid. When all reviews say that you may want to replace the pickups I think 500 is far more realistic. 

• Like 1

But he did tell me what band his mate plays in, so I'm going track him down to let him know if he doesn't get on with it to get hold of me. 

Back to gigging every week after this weekend for the rest of the year so I can concentrate on playing rather than eyeing up basses 😁

• 1 month later...
On 09/10/2019 at 05:57, Steve Browning said:

Here's an old pic of my red one (I also had a natural). Excellent basses. Lovely and light. Usual Japanese build quality.

I sold mine for around the £500 or so each IIRC.

20170506_123808.jpg

20170506_123604.jpg

Gorgeous 

I am almost certain that they started in 2003. I found the import paperwork and I did a personal import for my Jazz  from Japan in 2006. My serial number starts with a R which is said to be 2004/2005.

I am no expert but I believe the neck determines whether it is Names a P or J. 

BC40925E-E779-48E5-9308-4A10FCE1F340.jpeg

44002971-41C0-4028-AF1C-CF0FFFB7A05D.jpeg

1F8BB270-E0A0-4791-BE1B-DAEA4FB8595B.jpeg

Edited by Chienmortbb
Add pictures
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I spoke with him about it before Christmas but couldn't get up there until new year. I was going to message him today about going up tomorrow but, and it's a big but, a week ago he wanted £650, we'd agreed if he still had it after Christmas I'd come and get it. Since then he has upped it to £750 which I'm not paying on principle. 

@stewblack if you are in talks I'll leave you to it as I'm only going to offer him his original price of £650.

In all honesty is was going to offer £600 as it's been for sale for a while and the £50 saving would've covered petrol. 

20 minutes ago, Maude said:

I spoke with him about it before Christmas but couldn't get up there until new year. I was going to message him today about going up tomorrow but, and it's a big but, a week ago he wanted £650, we'd agreed if he still had it after Christmas I'd come and get it. Since then he has upped it to £750 which I'm not paying on principle. 

@stewblack if you are in talks I'll leave you to it as I'm only going to offer him his original price of £650.

In all honesty is was going to offer £600 as it's been for sale for a while and the £50 saving would've covered petrol. 

Oh I’ve been having run ins with someone this week with similar goalpost movements. Makes no sense. 

Well look at it like this. Roughly £1000 retail. SH shroud brings £400-£600 depending on condition. They are great basses but they are not rare and they are not vintage. Would I swap any US made Fender for mine? No way. If people want to pay silly money for USA made instruments that is up to them. 

If I had to replace mine I would in an instance but not for £750. Also I love the fact that mine has no pickguard, I would not even go £650 for one with a pickguard. 

Rant over. 

Edited by Chienmortbb

8 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

Well look at it like this. Roughly £1000 retail. SH shroud brings £400-£600 depending on condition. They are great basses but they are not rare and they are not vintage. Would I swap any US made Fender for mine? No way. If people want to pay silly money for USA made instruments that is up to them. 

If I had to replace mine I would in an instance but not for £750. Also I love the fact that mine has no pickguard, I would not even go £650 for one with a pickguard. 

Rant over. 

Are we talking about the same basses? I've never seen P aerodyne without a scratchplate, a lot of J aerodynes don't have a scratchplate but they are a lot more common as they were produced for longer. 

I definitely want a P style one as I prefer the shape and trans finish. 

2 hours ago, Maude said:

Hey this is Basschat, we don't push in, I will hold off until I hear from you.